The Amazing Race Vietnam 2014
|The Amazing Race Vietnam 2014|
|First Aired||21 June, 2014|
|No. of Episodes||22|
|Winners||Hương Giang Nguyễn &|
|Distance Traveled||10,500 kilometres (6,500 mi)|
|No. of Legs||11|
|All-Stars||Hương Giang Nguyễn &|
Sơn Ngọc Minh,
Minh Long Nguyễn
|Season 2 ◄ Season 3 ► Season 4|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11|
The Amazing Race Vietnam: Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2014 is the third season of the reality television game show, The Amazing Race Vietnam. It will feature nine teams of two in a race around Vietnam for 300 million₫.
The program premiered on 21 June on VTV6 and airs every Saturday and Sunday (20:00 UTC+7)
The host for the this season is Huy Khánh. Singer and Athlete Hương Giang & Criss were the winners of the race.
The show is sponsored by Sting Energy Drink.
|Leg(s)||Province||Previous Visits||Pit Stops|
|1, 2||Quang Ninh||0||1|
|3, 4||Dien Bien||0||1|
|4, 5||Nghe An||0||1|
|5, 6||Thua Thien – Hue||1||1|
|6, 7||Khanh Hoa||2||1|
|7, 8||Ninh Thuan||0||1|
|8, 9||Dong Thap||0||1|
|9, 11||Ho Chi Minh City||2||1|
|9, 10, 11||South Korea||0||2|
This season was another celebrity edition, but this time featuring many celebrities who were chosen to race on the show as well as non-celebrities. The cast was announced in May.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data.
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Hương Giang & Criss||Singer/Athlete||2nd||7th||1st||1st||2nd⊃||2nd||4th9||2nd||3rd14||1st||1st||Hương Giang 5, Criss 69|
|Trang Trần & Hiếu Nguyễn||Model/Actor||5th||4th||4th||4th||3rd||3rd||2nd||3rd||2nd13||3rd||2nd15||Trang Trần 5, Hiếu Nguyễn 615|
|Trang Khiếu & An Đinh||Model/Designer||6th||6th||7th||6th||6th||6th8||3rdƒ||4th||4th12||2nd||3rd16||Trang Khiếu 6, An Đinh 4|
|Kiwi Ngô Mai Trang & Đỗ Hoàng Dương||Married||8th||5th||5th||7th4||1st||1st||1st||1st||1st13||4th||Kiwi Ngô Mai Trang 4, Đỗ Hoàng Dương 6|
|Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mint||Singer/Sports Coach||1st||3rd||3rd||5th||5th⊂ε5,6||5th8||5th9,11||5th||Sơn Ngọc Minh 4, Mint 49|
|Long Điền & Kim Dung||Actors||3rd||1st||2nd||2nd||4th||4th||6th9,10||Long Điền 49, Kim Dung 3|
|Kim Thanh & Khải Anh||Siblings in Spirit||9th||8th1||6th||3rd||7th||Kim Thanh 2, Khải Anh 3|
|Miko Lan Trinh & Hoàng Nam||Singer/MC||4th||2nd||8th2,3||Miko Lan Trinh 1, Hoàng Nam 2|
|Minh Long & Sơn Việt||Friends||7th||9th||Minh Long 2, Sơn Việt 0|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that Leg.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
- An underlined blue placement indicates that the team was Marked for Elimination and had to come in first on the next leg, otherwise they would be served a 30-minute penalty.
- An italicized blue placement indicates that the team would not receive any money at the start of the next leg of the race.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing.
- Kim Thanh & Khải Anh initially arrived in 2nd, but received a 30-minute penalty for being Marked for Elimination and not coming in first. Six teams checked in during this time, dropping them to 8th.
- Miko Lan Trinh & Hoàng Nam did not complete the weight-guessing challenge and received a 1-hour penalty before receiving their next clue.
- Miko Lan Trinh & Hoàng Nam initially arrived in 7th, but they had lost their Detour clue and could not check in without receiving a 30-minute penalty. Trang Khiếu & An Đinh, who check in after them in last place, had found their clue. They were given the option of returning the clue to Miko Lan Trinh & Hoàng Nam, but this would eliminate them. They declined and were checked in 7th, while Miko Lan Trinh & Hoàng Nam were eliminated.
- Kiwi Ngô Mai Trang & Đỗ Hoàng Dương were originally declared eliminated, but shortly afterwards they were informed to still be in the race in a brief scenario due at the hotel, and that they would keep on racing.
- Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mint used their Express Pass to bypass the U-Turn in Leg 5.
- Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mint initially arrived in 4th. However, they received a 15-minute penalty for not earning enough money during the hat-selling challenge and dropped to 5th.
- Kim Thanh & Khải Anh received a 2-hour penalty at the marketplace for not completing the hat-selling challenge.
- Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mint were not able to climb one of the inflatable platforms and received a 15-minute penalty before getting their next clue. Trang Khiếu & An Đinh were not able to climb two of the platforms and received a 30-minute penalty before getting their next clue.
- Criss, Long Điền and Mint were unable to complete the Roadblock, and these three teams received a 1-hour penalty at the Roadblock site.
- Long Điền & Kim Dung received a 1-hour penalty at the desert for not completing the pot-balancing challenge.
- Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mint borrowed money from locals to pay for their final taxi ride of the day, which was prohibited by the rules. As a result, they would receive a 30-minute penalty that would be applied at the start of the next leg.
- Trang Khiếu & An Đinh were delayed by approximately an hour at the beginning of leg 9 because An Đinh had difficulties traveling internationally with her passport.
- Kiwi Ngô Mai Trang & Đỗ Hoàng Dương and Trang Trần & Hiếu Nguyễn arrived in 1st and 2nd respectively, but each received a 30-minute penalty for talking while inside of the Jeju Stone Museum. This did not affect their placements.
- Hương Giang & Criss arrived in 3rd, but had lost their final clue. They were required to backtrack and retrieve the clue before they could check in. This did not affect their placement.
- Hiếu Nguyễn was unable to complete the Roadblock on leg 11 and received a 1-hour penalty.
- Trang Khiếu & An Đinh were unable to complete the high-wire challenge and received a penalty of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Leg 1 - The Express Pass (Thẻ Ưu Tiên) - an item that can be used on the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing up until the 8th leg.
- Leg 5 - A vacation to the Alba Hot Springs, Hue.
- Leg 11 - 300,000,000₫
|The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2014|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Countries||Vietnam • South Korea|
|Teams||Hương Giang & Criss • Kim Thanh & Khải Anh • Kiwi Ngô Mai Trang & Đỗ Hoàng Dương • Long Điền & Kim Dung • Miko Lan Trinh & Hoàng Nam • Minh Long & Sơn Việt • Sơn Ngọc Minh & Mint • Trang Khiếu & An Đinh • Trang Trần & Hiếu Nguyễn|