The Amazing Race Vietnam 2013
|The Amazing Race Vietnam 2013|
|First Aired||26 July - October 18, 2013|
|No. of Episodes||12|
|Winners||Diệp Lâm Anh Nguyễn &|
Thu Hiền Trần Thị
|Distance Traveled||6700 km (4100 miles)|
|No. of Legs||12|
|All-Stars||Thu Hiền Trần Thị,|
Nhan Phúc Vinh &
Thùy Dung Nguyễn,
Tiến Đạt Đinh,
Anh Tuấn Phạm &
Thanh Hóa Đỗ Thị,
Pha Lê Nguyễn &
Hà Việt Dũng
|Season 1 ◄ Season 2 ► Season 3|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12|
The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2013 is a Vietnamese version of the reality game show The Amazing Race in which nine teams of two race around Vietnam against other teams, with the first-place team winning 300 million₫. This season was a celebrity edition featuring many celebrities who were chosen to race on the show.
The program premiered on 26 July on VTV3 and aired every Friday (20:00 UTC+7)
The host for the second season is Huy Khánh, replacing Dustin Nguyen who directed and hosted the first season. Model and singer Thu Hiền & Diệp Lâm Anh were the winners of the second season of The Amazing Race Vietnam: Cuộc đua kỳ thú.
Filming for this show began on June 2013. This season was also the first time the show had teams traveling outside Vietnam.
The show is sponsored by Sting Energy Drink.
|Leg(s)||Province||Previous Visits||Pit Stops|
|1, 2||Ho Chi Minh City||1||1|
|2, 3||Ca Mau||0||1|
|4, 5||Khahn Hoa||1||1|
|5, 6||Dak Lak||0||0|
|5, 6||Dak Nong||0||1|
|7, 8, 9||Quang Binh||0||2|
|9, 10, 11, 12||Hanoi||1||1|
|10, 11||Hai Phong||0||1|
|11, 12||Lao Cai||0||1|
This season was a celebrity edition featuring many celebrities who were chosen to race on the show. The cast was announced on 6 June.
After being eliminated, Tiến Đạt proposed to Hari and she accepted.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data.
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Diệp Lâm Anh & Thu Hiền||Singer/Model||6th2||3rd||1st||6th||2nd||3rd||2nd||1st||1st||2nd||2nd10||1st||Diệp Lâm Anh 7, Thu Hiền 6|
|Linh Chi & Nhan Phúc Vinh||Actress/Office Worker||1st||2nd||2nd||1st||4th||1st||4th7||3rd||4th||1stƒ||1stε9||2nd12||Linh Chi 5, Nhan Phúc Vinh 79|
|Đức Hưng & Thùy Dung||Office Worker/Tennis Player||7th||7th3||5th||3rd||1st||5th6||3rd||4th⊂||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd13||Đức Hưng 713, Thùy Dung 7|
|Hari & Tiến Đạt||Student/Rapper||4th||1st||3rd||2nd||3rd||2nd||1st||2nd⊃||2nd||4th||4th10||Hari 5, Tiến Đạt 7|
|Đoàn Mạnh & Linh Sơn||Real Estate Broker/Actor||3rd1||4th||7th||5th||6th||4th||5th8||5th||Đoàn Mạnh 4, Linh Sơn 4|
|Anh Tuấn & Thanh Hóa||Models||5th||8th||4th||4th||5th||6th||Anh Tuấn 5, Thanh Hóa 1|
|Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng||Singer/Actor||8th||6th||6th||7th||7th5||Pha Lê 2, Hà Việt Dũng 3|
|Kim Lee & Pharreal Phương||DJs||2nd||5th||8th||Kim Lee 1, Pharreal Phương 2|
|S.T & Lâm Hùng Phong||Singer/Stuntman||9th||9th4||S.T 2, Lâm Hùng Phong 0|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that Leg.
- A blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg of the race and was "Marked for Elimination"; if the team did not finish 1st on the next leg, they would receive a 30-minute penalty.
- An italicized blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a pit stop in a non-elimination leg of the race. The teams were forced to relinquish all of their money. In addition, they were not allotted money for the next leg and were not allowed to collect money until the next leg started for them.
- A bold blue team placement indicates that the team would have to wait an extra 30 minutes before departing on the next leg of the race.
- A brown ⊃ indicates that the team chose to use the U-Turn; ⊂ indicates the team who received it.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing.
- Đoàn Mạnh & Linh Sơn initially arrive 3rd, but were issued a 5-minute penalty for not getting the clue from BHD Cinema. This did not affect their placement.
- Diệp Lâm Anh & Thu Hiền initially arrive 4th, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for trading bowls of beef noodles at Food Creative; 2 teams checked-in during the penalty time, dropping them to 6th.
- Thùy Dung & Đức Hưng initially arrive 7th, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for tracing number of beans on the dirt. This did not affect their placement.
- S.T & Lâm Hùng Phong initially arrive 8th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for not arrive 1st (since they were marked for elimination on the previous leg). During this time, 2 teams were able to check in and S.T & Lâm Hùng Phong were eliminated before the 30 minutes elapsed.
- Pha Lê was unable to complete the Roadblock on leg 5, and were issued a 4-hour penalty. Already in last, they were eliminated at the site of the Roadblock.
- Đức Hưng & Thùy Dung initially arrived 2nd, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for not receiving help from local people to complete additional task. During this time, 3 teams were able to check in dropping them into 5th place.
- Linh Chi & Nhan Phúc Vinh initially arrived 2nd, but had lost their Roadblock clue. They were required to go and retrieve it before being allowed to check in.
- Linh Sơn & Đoàn Mạnh received a 30-minute penalty before departing on the 8th leg of the race because they wrote down numbers during the step-counting challenge, which was explicitly forbidden in the clue.
- Linh Chi & Nhan Phúc Vinh used the Express Pass to bypass the Roadblock in Leg 11. Before using the Express Pass, Nhan Phúc Vinh elected to perform the Roadblock, and this is reflected in the total Roadblock count.
- Diệp Lâm Anh & Thu Hiền and Hari & Tiến Đạt elected not to eat the foul-tasting stew and both received a 45-minute penalty.
- Nhan Phúc Vinh & Linh Chi initially arrived 1st at the Finish Line, but were issued three 10-minute penalties. One was for using notes during the calligraphy challenge, and two were for violating traffic laws. The team instructed their taxi drivers to drive the wrong way down a one-way street, and also to drive through a red light. During this mean time, Thu Hiền & Diệp Anh checked in and were declared the winners of the race.
- Đức Hùng was unable to complete the Roadblock due to injuring his hands, and so Thùy Dung was permitted to complete it for him. Since they checked in 3rd, no penalty was given to them for this.
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 - The Express Pass (Thẻ Ưu Tiên) - an item that can be used on the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing up until the 8th leg.
- Leg 3 - Two nights at Romana Resort, Phan Thiết and two nights at Amiana Resort, Nha Trang.
- Leg 4 - One night at Sheraton Hotel, Nha Trang.
- Leg 6 - Two nights at Ba Na Resort, Da Nang.
- Leg 8 - Two nights at Sun Spa Resort, Quang Binh.
- Leg 9 - Two business class round-trip tickets from Hanoi to Singapore and three nights at Ramada Hotel, Singapore.
- Leg 11 - Two vouchers for Suối Hoa Lan Resort, Nha Trang.
- Leg 12 - 300,000,000₫ for the winning team; two vouchers for the second team to arrive (Donated to third place)
|The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2013|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||Vietnam • Singapore|
|Teams||Anh Tuấn & Thanh Hóa • Diệp Lâm Anh & Thu Hiền • Đoàn Mạnh & Linh Sơn • Đức Hưng & Thùy Dung • Hari & Tiến Đạt • Kim Lee & Pharreal Phương • Linh Chi & Nhan Phúc Vinh • Pha Lê & Hà Việt Dũng • S.T & Lâm Hùng Phong|