The Amazing Race Vietnam 2012
|The Amazing Race Vietnam 2012|
|First Aired||18 May – 10 August 2012|
|Filmed||6 April - 5 May 2012|
|No. of Episodes||13|
|Winners||Baggio Saettie &|
Thành Phúc Nguyễn
|Distance Traveled||1,316 miles (2,119 km)|
|No. of Legs||12|
|All-Stars||Richie Humphrey &|
Mimi Lý Thị
|Season 1 ► Season 2|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12|
The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2012 is a Vietnamese version of the reality game show The Amazing Race in which ten teams of two race around Vietnam against other teams, with the first-place team winning 300 million₫. The program aired on VTV3, every Friday primetime (8:00PM UTC+7) from 18 May to 10 August 2012. The show is directed, hosted by Dustin Nguyen. He also serves as an executive producer.
Friends and actors Baggio & Thành Phúc were the winners of The Amazing Race Race Vietnam: Cuộc đua kỳ thú.
Filming was from 6 April 2012 to 5 May 2012.
Ten teams of two with pre-existing were chosen to join the race of about one month. Thirteen episodes were ordered with seven pit stops to eliminate teams. It is also reportedly announced that this is the first-time ever in Vietnamese television history a TV series would be broadcast in high definition.
Route Markers are coloured orange and light green, whereas in the original the colour scheme is yellow and red.
|2, 3||Hoa Binh||1|
|3, 4, 5||Ninh Binh||2|
|5, 6, 7||Da Nang||1|
|6, 7||Quang Nam||1|
|7, 8||Thua Thien – Hue||1|
|8, 9||Khahn Hoa||1|
|9, 10||Lam Dong||1|
|10, 11||Binh Thuan||1|
|11, 12||Ho Chi Minh City||2|
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcasted on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Baggio & Thành Phúc||Friends||6th||2nd||1st||3rd||1stƒ||6th||5th||3rd||1st||3rd8||3rd||1st||1st||Baggio 6, Thành Phúc 8|
|Minh Hoàng & Phương Thảo||Dating||7th||8th||6th||6th||3rd||4th||6th||1st||5th||4th8,9||1st||3rd||2nd||Minh Hoàng 8, Phương Thảo 7|
|Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng||Brothers||9th||7th||5th||5th||2nd||1st⊃||2nd||5th||3rd||2nd8||4th||2nd||3rd||Thành Chung 8, Thanh Bằng 7|
|Chí Bình & Hồng Long||Best Friends||2nd||4th||3rd||2nd||5th||3rd||4th||2nd7||4th||1st⊃||2nd||4th11||Chí Bình 6, Hồng Long 7|
|Tuấn Anh & Xuân Sơn||Cousins||4th||1st||9th||7th||7th6||7th⊂||1st||4th||2nd||5th⊂||Tuấn Anh 6, Xuân Sơn 5|
|Minh Châu & Trần Châu||Best Friends||5th||6th||4th||1st||4th||5th||3rd||6th||Minh Châu 4, Trần Châu 4|
|Gia Bình & Bảo Châu||Co-Workers||10th||9th2||7th||8th||6th||2nd||7th||Gia Bình 2, Bảo Châu 5|
|Thanh Tuấn & Mỹ Trâm||Married||3rd||3rd||2nd||4th||8th||Thanh Tuấn 2, Mỹ Trâm 3|
|Richie & Mimi||Dating||8th||10th||8th3,5||9th||Richie 2, Mimi 2|
|Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa||Best Friends||1st||5th1||10thε||Thanh Thủy 1, Minh Thoa 14|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg of the race and was "Marked for Elimination"; if the team did not finish 1st on the next leg, they would receive a 30-minute penalty.
- An italicized blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a pit stop in a non-elimination leg of the race and received a penalty similar to being "marked for elimination". If they did not arrive first on the next leg, they were then forced to relinquish all of their money. In addition, they would not be allotted any money for the following leg and were not allowed to collect money until the leg started for them.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that Leg.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward clue.
- A brown ⊃ indicates that the team chose to use the U-Turn; ⊂ indicates the team who received it.
- Italicized results indicate the position of the team at the midpoint of a two-episode leg.
- Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa initially arrived 3rd, but were issued a 15-minute penalty for taking motorbikes instead of a taxi. During their penalty, 2 teams checked in, dropping them to 5th.
- Gia Bình & Bảo Châu initially arrived 9th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. This did not affect their placement.
- Richie & Mimi initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty because Mimi took off her life vest before the boat landed, thus creating a safety hazard. During their penalty, three teams checked in, dropping them to 8th place.
- Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa used the Express Pass to bypass the roadblock in leg 3. Therefore, no one completed this roadblock.
- Richie & Mimi were forced to give up all of their money because they did not arrive first on this leg. They also received no money on the following leg.
- Tuấn Anh & Xuân Sơn initially arrived 6th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for not paying the taxi fare. During their penalty, Gia Bình & Bảo Châu checked in, dropping them to 7th.
- Chí Bình & Hồng Long initially arrived 1st, but were issued a 45-minute penalty for pulling up the net at Anh Tin Fish Raft. During their penalty, Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng checked in, dropping them to 2nd.
- Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng, Baggio & Thành Phúc, and Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng arrived 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, respectively, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for not going in the correct direction in the Roadblock. This did not affect their placement.
- Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng initially arrived 4th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. This did not affect their placement.
- Leg 11 was double-length, with two Detours and two Roadblocks, shown over two episodes. The placements listed in the first column reflect the order teams arrived at the leg's halfway point.
- Chí Bình & Hồng Long initially arrived 3rd, but were issued a 90-minute penalty for quitting the first task in Ho Chi Minh City. During their penalty, Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng checked in, dropping them to last and eliminating them.
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 - The Express Pass (Thẻ Ưu Tiên) - an item that can be used on the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing up until the 8th leg.
- Leg 5 - Two nights at Fusion Maia Resort, Đà Nẵng.
- Leg 8 - Two nights at Vinpearl Resort, Nha Trang.
- Leg 9 - Two nights at Saigon - Dalat Hotel, Đà Lạt.
- Leg 10 - Two nights at Novotel Hotel, Phan Thiết.
- Leg 11 - Two nights at Vinpearl Resort, Nha Trang.
- Leg 12 - VND 300,000,000
|The Amazing Race Vietnam – Cuộc đua kỳ thú 2012|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Teams||Baggio & Thành Phúc • Chí Bình & Hồng Long • Gia Bình & Bảo Châu • Minh Châu & Trần Châu • Minh Hoàng & Phương Thảo • Richie & Mimi • Thành Chung & Thanh Bằng • Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa • Thanh Tuấn & Mỹ Trâm • Tuấn Anh & Xuân Sơn|