The Amazing Race China 4
|The Amazing Race China 4|
|First Aired||August 4 - October 6, 2017|
|Filmed||May 31 - August 21, 2017|
|No. of Episodes||10|
|Winners||Jia Jingwen &|
|Distance Traveled||30,000km (18,641 miles)|
|No. of Legs||10|
|Season 3 ◄ Season 4|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10|
The Amazing Race China 4 (Chinese: 极速前进; pinyin: Jísù Qiánjìn) is the fourth season of the Chinese reality television series based on the American reality TV series, The Amazing Race. It features seven initial teams of two in a race around the world.
Married couple Jia Jingwen & Xiu Jiekai were the winners of this season.
Following the last season theme's using Summer Olympic as the theme of the Race, the Race in this season used "Treasure Hunting" as the theme. Each leg was given a corresponding theme and the racecourse tasks would mostly focus on that theme. Each team would get a "treasure" (a toy or a prop) after each task on the race. These "treasures" would help the teams complete the leg (usually by revealing the location of the Pit Stop).
Similar to the recent Canadian and American versions, the Express Pass is now given as a random prize during Leg 1, rather than it being a definite award for a first-place finish on the leg. During the Leg 1 Pit Stop in Hong Kong, teams made a handprint in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong.
Lu Ting of SNH48 was unavailable at the time of taping of the first leg due to work commitments. Another SNH48 member and Season 3 racer, Huang Tingting, substituted for Lu Ting to complete the first leg. Lu Ting returned for the second leg and onwards. Zhang Jike & Zhang Chuanming were also unavailable on the same leg for the same reason, but later joined the other teams at the start of the second leg. As a result, Leg 1 was presented as a special non-elimination leg, and the last-place team received no penalty. Additionally, there was a delay in getting Zhang Xiaocheng's Visa for international travel, so Wu Minxia was forced to complete Leg 2 by herself.
An initial press release for the show claimed that the race would visit Mumbai, India, Tel Aviv, Israel and Colombo, Sri Lanka. However, once filming started, these destinations were replaced with Hefei, Macau and Kuala Lumpur.
|Leg(s)||Country||Previous Visits||Pit Stops|
|1, 2||Hong Kong||1||1|
|3, 4, 5||Sweden||0||2|
|1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10||China||3||4|
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and relationships as identified by the program. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television, owing to the inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Jia Jingwen & Xiu Jiekai||Married||6th||6th||1st⊃||1st||1st||3rd⊂⋑||1st||3rd||1st||1st||Jia Jingwen 5, Xiu Jiekai 6|
|Zheng Yuanchang & Wang Likun||Partners||3rd||1st||2nd||5thə6||5th7||1st⋑||2nd||4th−||2nd||2nd||Zheng Yuanchang 6, Wang Likun 5|
|Wu Minxia & Zhang Xiaocheng||Married||2nd||5th4||4th||2nd||3rd||2nd⊃||3rd||2nd||3rd||3rd||Wu Minxia 6, Zhang Xiaocheng 5|
|Qiang Zi & Zhang Xingyue||Colleagues||4th2||2nd||7th⊂||4th>||2nd||4th⊃⋐||4th||1st||4th||Qiang Zi 5, Zhang Xingyue 4|
|Zhang Jike & Zhang Chuanming||Father/Son||8th5||6th−||6th||4th||5th||5th−8||Zhang Jike 35, Zhang Chuanming 4|
|Lu Ting & Xuyang Yuzhuo1||SNH48 Groupmates||5th1||4th||5th||3rd||6th−||Lu Ting 3, Xuyang Yuzhuo 3|
|Fan Bingbing & Xie Yilin||Friends||1st||3rdε3||3rd||7th<6||Fan Bingbing 23, Xie Yilin 2|
|Deng Bin & Wang Xinyu||VARSITY-V Groupmates||7th||7th||8th||Deng Bin 1, Wang Xinyu 2|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg. A magenta ə indicates the team had previously been given the second Express Pass and used it on that leg.
- A blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team received no penalty.
- An italicized blue team's placement indicates that the team had to perform a Speed Bump during the next leg of the race.
- A brown ⊃ or cyan ⋑ means the team chose to use a U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it; ⊂⊃ around a leg number indicates a leg where the U-Turn was available but not used.
- An orange + indicates that there was a Face Off on this leg of the race, while an orange − indicates the team that lost the Face Off and received a 15-minute penalty.
- Lu Ting was not available at the time of filming for Leg 1. To compensate for this, another member of SNH48 Team NII and former season 3 racer Huang Tingting replaced Lu Ting for the duration of the leg instead.
- Qiang Zi & Zhang Xingyue initially arrived 3rd, but incured a 30-minute penalty because Qiang Zi touched the cables during the river-crossing task, which was explicitly prohibited in the clue. Zheng Yuanchang and Wang Likun checked in during the penalty time, dropping them to 4th.
- Fan Bingbing & Xie Yilin used their Express Pass to bypass the second Roadblock on Leg 2. Before using the Express Pass, Fan Bingbing elected to perform the Roadblock, and this is reflected in the total Roadblock count.
- Zhang Xiaocheng did not receive his Visa for international travel in time for the filming for Leg 2. His partner, Wu Minxia, was given the choice to either complete the leg alone or accept a last place finish without running the leg. She chose to do the former. As such, she was permitted to perform both of the leg's Roadblocks, regardless of the second Roadblock's rules.
- Zhang Jike did not complete the second Roadblock, so he and Zhang Chuanming received a 2-hour penalty at the Pit Stop.
- Zheng Yuanchang & Wang Likun used the Express Pass given to them previously in the leg to skip the Face Off. As such, Fan Bingbing & Xie Yilin were left without a team to compete against. They were forced to complete the puzzle featured in the Face Off successfully before being allowed to continue. No team received the standard Face Off penalty.
- Zheng Yuanchang & Wang Likun initially arrived in 3rd. However, they were given a 15-minute penalty for not dropping into the water after losing one of their Face Off matches. Wu Minxia & Zhang Xiaocheng and Zhang Jike & Zhang Chuanming checked in during their penalty, dropping them to 5th.
- Zhang Jike & Zhang Chuanming withdrew from the race while completing the Detour, as Zhang Chuanming had suffered a knee injury on the previous leg and was finding it difficult to continue. They immediately departed and did not reach the Pit Stop, nor did Allan have a chance to formally eliminate them.
Similar to the second series of the Israeli version, teams on the second leg voted for who should receive the U-Turn. The team who has the most votes must complete the other option of the Detour they did not select.
|U-Turned:||Jia Jingwen & Xiu Jiekai|
Qiang Zi & Zhang Xingyue
|Jia Jingwen & Xiu Jiekai||Qiang Zi & Zhang Xingyue|
|Zheng Yuanchang & Wang Likun||Qiang Zi & Zhang Xingyue|
|Wu Minxia & Zhang Xiaocheng||Jia Jingwen & Xiu Jiekai|
|Qiang Zi & Zhang Xingyue||Jia Jingwen & Xiu Jiekai|
|Zhang Jike & Zhang Chuanming||Wu Minxia & Zhang Xiaocheng|
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg. The prize for each leg of the race, including the last, is a one year supply of Heiheiru Products, which can be donated to Hope Primary School. In addition, Leg 1 also featured a one-night accommodation to Disney Explorers Lodge.
Like the previous season, the winners also received a pair of trophies.
|The Amazing Race China 4|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10|
|Countries||Hong Kong • Denmark • Sweden • China • Singapore • Vietnam • Macau • Malaysia|
|Teams||Deng Bin & Wang Xinyu • Fan Bingbing & Xie Yilin • Jia Jingwen & Xiu Jiekai • Lu Ting & Xuyang Yuzhuo • Qiang Zi & Zhang Xingyue • Wu Minxia & Zhang Xiaocheng • Zhang Jike & Zhang Chuanming • Zheng Yuanchang & Wang Likun|