The Amazing Race Canada 3
|The Amazing Race Canada 3|
|First Aired||July 8 - September 23, 2015|
|Filmed||May 1 – May 28, 2015|
|No. of Episodes||12|
|Distance Traveled||48,500 kilometres (30,100 mi)|
|No. of Legs||12|
|Season 2 ◄ Season 3 ► Season 4|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12|
The Amazing Race Canada 3 is a Canadian reality game show based on the American series The Amazing Race. It features twelve teams of two, each with a pre-existing relationship. The grand prize is nearly CA$1,000,000 and includes: a CA$250,000 cash payout, “gas for life” from Petro-Canada, the opportunity to fly for a year anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide in Business Class, and two Chevrolet Colorado "Z71" Trucks. For the third year in a row, Jon Montgomery returned as the host.
The season premiere was aired on July 8, 2015. Brothers Gino & Jesse were the winners of this season of The Amazing Race Canada.
On September 23, 2014, CTV announced that the show was renewed for a third season during the second season reunion special.
This season, teams will face a brand new twist, called the Face Off, where teams have to compete head-to-head in a pre-determined challenge, where winning teams can move on to the next challenge, while the last team left at the "Face Off" must face a time penalty. This could potentially dramatically alter the placement order of teams throughout legs of the race. In an article for the official Amazing Race Canada CTV website, the "Face Off" was described as "first and exclusive" to the Canadian edition with host Jon Montgomery stating that they "invented" the twist despite having already been introduced under various names in at least five other Amazing Race editions worldwide.
This season featured sportscaster James Duthie, who helped the teams during the first Roadblock in Leg 1, Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek, who greeted the teams in the Pit Stop on Leg 6 in his hometown of Sudbury, Ontario, and both Guinness World Record-holder André Saint-Jacques and Olympian Mike Riddle during the final leg.
Provinces, Territories and Countries visited
|Previous Visits||Pit Stops|
|1, 5, 6||Quebec||2||1|
|1, 2, 6, 7||Ontario||2||2|
|4, 5||Nova Scotia||1||1|
|6||Prince Edward Island||1||0|
|8, 9, 10||India||0||2|
|10, 11, 12||British Columbia||2||2|
Casting began in November 24, 2014, and like in the previous two seasons, an online site was used for submission of applications and audition videos.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data.
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Gino & Jesse||Brothers||1st||10th||2nd||7th||1st⊃||1stƒ||2nd||5th||2nd||1st⊃||3rd||1st||Gino 6, Jesse 7|
|Nick & Matt||Wrestling Teammates||6th||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd||2nd||5th||2nd||1st||3rd⊂⋑||2nd||2nd||Nick 7, Matt 7|
|Brent & Sean||Brothers||3rd||8th||6th||4th||5th⊂⋑||4th||1stə6||3rd||5th||2nd||1st||3rd||Brent 7, Sean 7|
|Simi & Ope||Father/Daughter||5th||9th||5th||5th||8th3||5th||6th||4th||3rd||4th||4th−||Simi 6, Ope 6|
|Dujean & Leilani||Exes||8th||5th||4th||1st||4th||7th||3rd7||1st||4th||5th⋐8||Dujean 5, Leilani 6|
|Brian & Cynthia||Married||9th||2nd||9th||2nd||2nd||3rd||4th||6th||Brian 5, Cynthia 4|
|Neil & Kristin||Father/Daughter||10th||6th||1st||6th||7th3||6th||7th7||Neil 4, Kristin 4|
|Nic & Sabrina||Dating||2nd||4th||8th2||8th||6th⋐4,5||8th||Nic 4, Sabrina 3|
|Hamilton & Michaelia||Engaged||4th||1stε1||7th||9th||Hamilton 2, Michaelia 3|
|Dana & Amanda||Co-Workers||7th||7th||10th||Dana 2, Amanda 2|
|Susan & Sharnjit||Co-Workers||11th||11th||Susan 2, Sharnjit 1|
|Max & Elias||Dating||12th||Max 1, Elias 1|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward clue. If placed next to a Leg number, this indicates that the Fast Forward was available for that Leg but not used.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and would have to perform a Speed Bump on the following leg.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the first Express Pass on that leg; if next to a leg number, it indicates that the team with the first Express Pass was eliminated on that Leg without ever having used it. A magenta ə indicates the team had previously been given the second Express Pass and used it on that leg.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it. ⊂⋑ around a leg number indicates that neither of the two available U-Turns in a Double U-Turn were used.
- An orange + indicates that there was a Face Off on this leg of the race, while an orange − indicates the team that lost the Face Off and received a 15-minute penalty.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing. The first place team was still awarded a prize for that leg.
- Hamilton & Michaelia immediately used their Express Pass to bypass the Detour of leg 2.
- Nic & Sabrina initially arrived 1st, but were issued a 2-hour penalty for failing to complete the blind soccer challenge. Seven teams checked in during this time, dropping them to 8th place.
- Neil & Kristin and Simi & Ope initially arrived 6th and 7th respectively, but were issued a 4-hour penalty for failing to complete the Face Off challenge. Nic & Sabrina checked in during their penalty time, dropping them to 7th and last places respectively.
- Nic & Sabrina arrived last at the Face Off, but could not compete against another team, since two other teams took time penalties rather than stay to finish the Face Off. Nic & Sabrina were not penalized for this and, as such, no team received the last place penalty for the Face Off.
- Nic & Sabrina could not complete the Ride It Detour after being U-Turned as the task could not be performed safely in the dark. They received a penalty of unknown length before receiving their next clue.
- Brent & Sean were given the Express Pass while connecting through Toronto on Leg 4. They used it on Leg 7 to bypass the flight time calculation challenge.
- Dujean & Leilani and Neil & Kristin initially arrived in 3rd and 4th, respectively, but both received a 2-hour penalty for quitting the flight time calculation challenge. Dujean & Leilani's position was not affected, while three teams checked in during Neil & Kristin's penalty time, dropping them to 7th and eliminating them.
- Dujean & Leilani did not complete the Detour and choose to serve a penalty instead. After discovering that they had been U-Turned as well, they chose not to complete the second Detour either and instead proceeded to the Pit Stop.
Episode Title Quotes
- "Who's Feeling Sporty Now" – 1st Roadblock Prompt
- "We're Going to Dance!" – Brian
- "I Said Straight, You Gorilla!" – Nick
- "We Know Where They Live" – Sean
- "The Face Off" – Jon Montgomery
- Who is Alex Trebek?
- "I Dream About Eating Sandwiches" – Nick
- "All of These are the Same" – Brian
- "Take Your Clue and Gooo!" – Roadblock judge (paraphrased)
- "Man I've Got a Big Butt" – Jesse
- "Cabotage" – Matt
- "Here's to You, Canada...Cheers" – Jon Montgomery
- Leg 1 – A trip for two to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and six months of free gas supply.
- Leg 2 - Two round-trip tickets in Premium-Class to Delhi, India and six months of free gas supply.
- Leg 3 - Two round-trip tickets to Beijing, China and six months of free gas supply.
- Leg 4 - Two round-trip tickets to any Caribbean destination and 2.5 million "Petro points".
- Leg 5 - Two round-trip tickets to any Canadian destination and 5 million "Petro points" good for a year of gas supply.
- Leg 6 - Two round-trip tickets to any California destination and 5 million "Petro points" good for a year of gas supply.
- Leg 7 - Two round-trip tickets to Paris, France and 5 million "Petro points" good for a year of gas supply.
- Leg 8 - Two round-trip tickets to London, England and one year of free gas supply.
- Leg 9 - Two round-trip tickets to Amsterdam, Netherlands and one year of free gas supply.
- Leg 10 - Two round-trip tickets to Tokyo, Japan and two years of free gas supply.
- Leg 11 - Two round-trip tickets to Dubai, United Arab Emirates and 10 million "Petro points" good for two years of free gas supply.
- Leg 12 - A CA$250,000 cash payout, “gas for life” from Petro-Canada, the opportunity to fly for a year anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide in Business Class, and two Chevrolet Colorado “Z71” Trucks.
- Canada's Favourite Racers - A year's supply of gas from Petro-Canada awarded to the "fan favourite" team (according to an online vote). Awarded to runners-up Dana & Amanda (Due to vote winners Gino & Jesse's already having won gas "for life".)
|No.||Title||Air date|| Viewers
|1||"Who's Feeling Sporty Now?||July 8, 2015||2.596||1|
|2||"We're Going to Dance!"||July 15, 2015||2.402||1|
|3||"I Said Straight, You Gorilla!"||July 22, 2015||2.403||1|
|4||"We Know Where They Live"||July 29, 2015||2.403||1|
|5||"The Face Off"||August 5, 2015||2.443||1|
|6||"Who is Alex Trebek?"||August 12, 2015||2.966||1|
|7||"I Dream About Eating Sandwiches"||August 19, 2015||2.663||1|
|8||"All of These are the Same"||August 26, 2015||2.579||1|
|9||"Take Your Clue and Gooo!"||September 2, 2015||2.522||1|
|10||"Man I've Got a Big Butt"||September 9, 2015||TBD||TBD|
|11||"Cabotage"||September 17, 20151||TBD||TBD|
|12||"Here's to You, Canada...Cheers"||September 23, 2015||TBD||TBD|
- Episode 11 aired on Thursday at 9/8 PM AT due to Wednesday night's 2-hour MasterChef season finale.
|The Amazing Race Canada 3|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||Canada • Chile • Argentina • India|
|Teams||Brent & Sean • Brian & Cynthia • Dana & Amanda • Dujean & Leilani • Gino & Jesse • Hamilton & Michaelia • Max & Elias • Neil & Kristin • Nic & Sabrina • Nick & Matt • Simi & Ope • Susan & Sharnjit|