The Amazing Race Asia 1 Leg 1
|Starting Line||Independence Square|
|Pit Stop||Kuala Lumpur Tower|
|Winners||Mardy & Marsio|
|Last Place||Sandy & Francesca|
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Starting Line
The race began with Allan welcoming the ten teams, explaining the basic rules of the race, and shouting "Go!" Teams found their first clue on top of their bags, immediately directing them to their first destination by taxi.
Berjaya Times Square
- Kuala Lumpur
- Distance: 1.98km
Teams had to enter the shopping mall located here and rappel down the central plaza of the mall from the eighth storey. Once both team members were safely on the ground, teams would get their next clue.
- Kuala Lumpur
- Distance: 1.23km
- Paint: Teams would have to work together to make a traditional batik painting by following a given design template. Once they finished their painting properly, they would get their next clue.
- Andrew & Syeon, Andy & Laura, Aubrey & Jacqueline, Howard & Sahran, Mardy & Marsio, Melody & Sharon, Sahil & Prashant, Sandy & Francesca, Zabrina & Joe Jer
- Pot: Teams would have to make a pot using a spinning pottery wheel. One team member would control the spinning of the wheel, while the other would shape the pot. Once it was properly made teams would get their next clue.
- Ernie & Jeena
Shah Alam Stadium
- Distance: 21km
Teams members would have to alternate driving go-kart laps around the nearby City Carting Enterprise racetrack. Once the team had made a combined total of four laps, they would receive their next clue.
Kuala Lumpur Tower
- Kuala Lumpur
- Distance: 19.6km
Pit Stop: Before ascending the tower, teams had to make sure they followed the marked trail through the nearby park. This was a non-elimination leg. The last-place team was required to surrender all of their accumulated money, and had to begin the next leg with $0 to their name.
|Mardy & Marsio||1st||4th||4th||5th||4th A||3rd||2nd||1st||Mardy 0, Marsio 0|
|Ernie & Jeena||1st||6th||5th||2nd||3rd B||5th||4th||2nd||Ernie 0, Jeena 0|
|Zabrina & Joe Jer||1st||1st||1st||1st||1st A||2nd||5th||3rd||Zabrina 0, Joe Jer 0|
|Aubrey & Jacqueline||1st||3rd||3rd||4th||5th A||4th||3rd||4th||Aubrey 0, Jacqueline 0|
|Andrew & Syeon||1st||2nd||2nd||3rd||2nd A||1st||1st||5th||Andrew 0, Syeon 0|
|Melody & Sharon||1st||8th||7th||7th||6th A||6th||6th||6th||Melody 0, Sharon 0|
|Andy & Laura||1st||9th||9th||10th||10th A||7th||7th||7th||Andy 0, Laura 0|
|Howard & Sahran||1st||5th||6th||9th||7th A||8th||9th||8th||Howard 0, Sahran 0|
|Sahil & Prashant||1st||7th||8th||6th||9th A||9th||8th||9th||Sahil 0, Prashant 0|
|Sandy & Francesca||1st||10th||10th||8th||8th A||10th||10th||10th||Sandy 0, Francesca 0|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Paint Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Pot Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race Asia 1|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||Malaysia • Indonesia • Australia • New Zealand • Singapore • Thailand • India • United Arab Emirates|
|Teams||Andrew & Syeon • Andy & Laura • Aubrey & Jacqueline • Ernie & Jeena • Howard & Sahran • Mardy & Marsio • Melody & Sharon • Sahil & Prashant • Sandy & Francesca • Zabrina & Joe Jer|