The Amazing Race 9 Leg 4
|Pit Stop||Tempio di Segesta|
|Winners||BJ & Tyler|
|Last Place||Danielle & Dani<|
Munich International Airport
- Munich, Germany
- Distance: 16. 8 miles
Palermo International Airport
- Palermo, Italy
- Distance: 706 miles
- Distance: 14.7 miles
Teams found a clue box with their next clue here.
- Castellammare del Golfo
- Distance: 26.5 miles
Teams retrieved their Detour information from here.
Premiata Fonderia Birrione Campane / Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi
- Castellammare del Golfo
- Distance: 0.74 miles/0.68 miles
- Foundry: Teams made their way to Premiata Fonderia Birrione Campane, a metalworks foundry, where they found a cast-iron bell weighing 110 pounds. They had to utilize a vehicle known as an 'Ape' and load the bell onto it, then transport it 0.16 miles to Via Don Leonardo Zangara. There, they had to unload the bell and carry it to the priest at Chiesa Maria SS. Del Soccorso to get their next clue.
- Joseph & Monica, Ray & Yolanda
- Laundry: Teams had to enter residences near Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi and search among 2400 articles of clothing that were hanging on nearby clotheslines. They had to find one of only 16 items that had a small race flag sewn onto the inside, which they could exchange for their next clue.
- BJ & Tyler, Danielle & Dani, Dave & Lori, Eric & Jeremy, Fran & Barry, Lake & Michelle
Teatro di Segesta
- Distance from Via Don Leonardo Zangara: 6.41 miles
- Distance from Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi: 6.29 miles
- Lake & Michelle > Danielle & Dani
Roadblock: In the ampitheatre of this ancient temple, teams found a Roadblock. Who's good at piecing things together? The chosen team member had to completely put together a foam replica of a classical Greek statue, using the many small pieces presented to them. However, there were two extra foam pieces that did not belong in the puzzle, and teams were not informed of this.
- Tyler, Dani, Lori, Eric, Fran, Monica, Lake, Ray
Tempio di Segesta
- Distance: 0.62 miles
- Prize: Digital imaging package from Duracell
|BJ & Tyler||2nd||A||1st||1st||1st B||1st||1st||1st||BJ 2, Tyler 2|
|Eric & Jeremy||1st||B||2nd||2nd||2nd B||2nd||2nd||2nd||Eric 2, Jeremy 2|
|Joseph & Monica||6th||C||3rd||3rd||3rd A||3rd||3rd||3rd||Joseph 2, Monica 2|
|Fran & Barry||4th||4th||4th||4th B||4th||4th||4th||Fran 2, Barry 2|
|Lake & Michelle||3rd||D||8th||7th||7th B||6th||5th||5th||Lake 4, Michelle 0|
|Dave & Lori||5th||C||5th||5th||6th B||5th||6th||6th||Dave 2, Lori 2|
|Ray & Yolanda||7th||D||6th||6th||5th A||8th||7th||7th||Ray 3, Yolanda 1|
|Danielle & Dani||8th||7th||8th||8th B||7th||8th||8th||Danielle 1, Dani 3|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Foundry Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Laundry Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 9|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Brazil • Russia • Germany • Italy • Greece • Oman • Australia • Thailand • Japan|
|Teams||BJ & Tyler • Danielle & Dani • Dave & Lori • Eric & Jeremy • Fran & Barry • John & Scott • Joseph & Monica • Lake & Michelle • Lisa & Joni • Ray & Yolanda • Wanda & Desiree|