The Amazing Race 9 Leg 2
|Starting Line||Estádio Municipal Paulo Machado de Carvalho|
|Pit Stop||Fazenda Primavera da Serra|
|Winners||BJ & Tyler|
|Last Place||Lisa & Joni|
- São Paulo
- Distance: 1.31 miles
Roadblock: At Bloco F of this skyscraper, teams found their first Roadblock clue. Who's ready for a fire drill? The chosen team member had to choose one of three fire escapes and climb all the way up the stairs to the top of the building. Once at the top, one team member per each fire escape at a time could rappel back down the building. Once on the ground, teams would receive the next clue.
- BJ, Danielle, Dave, Jeremy, Fran, Joseph, Lake, Joni, Ray, Desiree
Terminal Rodoviário Barra Funda
- São Paulo
- Distance: 2.19 miles
Teams needed to travel by bus to their next destination.
Terminal Rodoviário de Brotas
- Distance: 126 miles
In the parking lot of this bus station, teams would find Volkswagen Beetles that they would use for the remainder of this leg. Inside the vehicles, teams would find their Detour information.
Camping Bela Vista / Usina Jacaré
- Distance: 14.5 miles/11.8 miles
- Press It: At the campsite, teams would have to use a device to press raw sugar cane and distill its juice. They had to use this to create 500mL of ethanol, which they would use to fill the gas tanks of their cars. Once they had finished this task, they would receive their next clue.
- Dave & Lori, Lisa & Joni, Wanda & Desiree
- Climb It: Teams had to find the Usina Jacaré waterfall. There, they would have to use mechanical ascenders to climb to the top of the 90-foot waterfall to get their next clue.
- BJ & Tyler, Danielle & Dani, Eric & Jeremy, Fran & Barry, Joseph & Monica, Lake & Michelle, Ray & Yolanda
Fazenda Primavera da Serra
- Distance from Camping Bela Vista: 19.4 miles
- Distance from Usina Jacaré: 16.6 miles
- Prize: All expense paid trip to Tahiti sponsored by Travelocity
|BJ & Tyler||2nd||1st||3rd||A||1st||1st B||1st||BJ 1, Tyler 0|
|Eric & Jeremy||1st||2nd||1st||2nd||3rd B||2nd||Eric 0, Jeremy 1|
|Joseph & Monica||6th||6th||2nd||3rd||2nd B||3rd||Joseph 1, Monica 0|
|Dave & Lori||4th||4th||6th||B||4th||4th A||4th||Dave 1, Lori 0|
|Ray & Yolanda||7th||7th||5th||6th||5th B||5th||Ray 1, Yolanda 0|
|Wanda & Desiree||3rd||2nd||7th||5th||6th A||6th||Wanda 0, Desiree 1|
|Lake & Michelle||5th||5th||4th||C||8th||7th B||7th||Lake 1, Michelle 0|
|Danielle & Dani||9th||9th||8th||9th||9th B||8th||Danielle 1, Dani 0|
|Fran & Barry||8th||8th||10th||7th||8th B||9th||Fran 1, Barry 0|
|Lisa & Joni||10th||10th||9th||10th||10th A||10th||Lisa 0, Joni 1|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Press It Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Climb It Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 9|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Brazil • Russia • Germany • Italy • Greece • Oman • Australia • Thailand • Japan|
|Teams||BJ & Tyler • Danielle & Dani • Dave & Lori • Eric & Jeremy • Fran & Barry • John & Scott • Joseph & Monica • Lake & Michelle • Lisa & Joni • Ray & Yolanda • Wanda & Desiree|