The Amazing Race 8 Leg 9
|Starting Line||Antelope Point|
|Pit Stop||City Library|
Salt Lake City
|Last Place||Weaver Family<|
- Page, Arizona
Teams received trucks with camper trailers attached, which they would use for the next two legs.
John Ford's Point
- Monument Valley, Utah
- Distance: 77 miles
Here, teams would sign up for one of two helicopter flights.
- Arches National Park
- Distance: 1.66 miles
Two members from each team would ride the helicopter to the top of this massive butte. There, they would find a clue box with their next clue, after which they would return to their partners on the ground via helicopter.
- Distance: 117 miles
- Ride Down: Teams would select a series of four bicycles, which they would have to ride along a 6-mile course through Bull Canyon. Once they reached the end of the trail, they would get their next clue.
- Weaver Family
- Drop Down: Teams would have to complete a 270ft two-stage rappel down down the rock formations of the canyon. Once all team members were safely on the ground, teams received their next clue.
- Bransen Family, Godlewski Family, Linz Family
Green River State Park
- Green River
- Distance: 36.9 miles
At the entrance to this park, teams would each receive a departure time, of which were 15-minutes apart. They would stay the night here and then depart the following morning.
970 Little Sweden Rd.
- Heber City
- Distance: 121 miles
Teams were told to find this address, where they would get their next clue from Bart. Teams would soon discover that Bart is a full-grown Alaskan Kodiak Bear, who had the next clue in his mouth.
Utah Olympic Park
- Park City
- Distance: 19.1 miles
- Linz Family > Weaver Family
Roadblock: At the base of the Ski Jump, teams found a Roadblock clue. Who's ready to jump into the air? The chosen team member would put on skis and a skiing outfit. They would have to ride down a 60ft ski jump into the pool below to get their next clue.
- Lindsay Bransen, Christine Godlewski, Nick Linz, Rolly Weaver
- Salt Lake City
- Distance: 17.3 miles
Pit Stop: This was a non-elimination leg. The last-place team was required to surrender all of their accumulated money, begin the next leg with $0 to their name, and also surrender all possessions they had except the clothes on their backs and their passports.
- Prize: Trip for four to the Teton Mountain Lodge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming provided by Travelocity
|Linz Family||2nd||2nd||B||1st B||1st||1st||1st||1st||Nick 3, Alex 1, Megan 2, Tommy 3|
|Bransen Family||4th||4th||C||3rd B||3rd||3rd||2nd||2nd||Wally 2, Beth 2, Lauren 3, Lindsay 2|
|Godlewski Family||1st||3rd||A||4th B||4th||4th||3rd||3rd||Michelle 2, Sharon 3, Christine 2, Tricia 2|
|Weaver Family||3rd||1st||2nd A||2nd||2nd||4th||4th||Linda 1, Rebecca 2, Rachel 1, Rolly 5|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Ride Down Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Drop Down Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 8|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Countries||United States • Panama • Costa Rica • Canada|
|Teams||Aiello Family • Black Family • Bransen Family • Gaghan Family • Godlewski Family • Linz Family • Paolo Family • Rogers Family • Schroeder Family • Weaver Family|