The Amazing Race 8 Leg 3
|Starting Line||Welbourne Manor|
|Pit Stop||Space Shuttle Pathfinder|
|Last Place||Aiello Family|
Washington Dulles International Airport
- Dulles, Virginia
- Distance: 19.5 miles
Charleston International Airport
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Distance: 441 miles
- Distance: 10.9 miles
Teams picked up their Detour information from here.
Wando Shrimp Co. / Ridgeville Mud Run
- Distance: 2.94 miles/34.3 miles
- Forrest Gump: From Wando Shrimp Co., teams would be taken out into the bay on a shrimp boat. On board, teams would have to de-head 200lbs of shrimp by hand. Once they finished, they would receive their next clue and be taken back to shore.
- Bransen Family, Godlewski Family, Linz Family, Schroeder Family, Weaver Family
- Muddy Waters: Teams had to find the Ridgeville Mud Run. There, they had to successfully drive a 4x4 SUV through a 400ft. course in thick mud. If they could traverse the entire course without getting stuck, teams would receive their next clue.
- Aiello Family, Gaghan Family, Paolo Family
Charleston Visitor Center
- Distance from Wando Shrimp Co.: 2.99 miles
- Distance from Ridgeville Mud Run: 33 miles
Here, teams would sign up for one of two charter buses that would take them to an unknown destination.
Huntsville/Madison County Visitor Center
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Distance: 406 miles
Edward O. Buckbee Hangar
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville
- Distance: 4.13 miles
Roadblock: Inside of this hangar, teams found a Roadblock clue. Who's ready to feel the pull of more than 3 G's? This Roadblock was for two team members. The two chosen team members would have to ride a centrifuge as it spun them around and took them up to 3.2g. After their wild ride, they would receive their next clue.
- David & Matt Aiello, Lindsay & Beth Bransen, Bill & Billy Gaghan, Christine & Michelle Godlewski, Alex & Tommy Linz, Tony & Brian Paolo, Stassi & Mark Schroeder, Rolly & Rebecca Weaver
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Distance: 0.1 miles
Here, teams needed to enter the nearby space mission to find a set of computers. There, they would log into their AOL e-mail accounts to receive a video message from Phil, identifying the location of the Pit Stop.
Space Shuttle Pathfinder
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Distance: 0.21 miles
- Prize: Gasoline for life for each team member from BP and ARCO
|Bransen Family||6th||B||7th||4th A||A||1st||1st||1st||Wally 1, Beth 1, Lauren 0, Lindsay 1|
|Linz Family||2nd||A||3rd||2nd A||2nd||2nd||2nd||Nick 1, Alex 1, Megan 0, Tommy 1|
|Schroeder Family||4th||1st||1st A||3rd||3rd||3rd||Mark 2, Char 0, Stassi 1, Hunter 0|
|Godlewski Family||3rd||5th||3rd A||4th||4th||4th||Michelle 1, Sharon 1, Christine 1, Tricia 0|
|Weaver Family||1st||2nd||8th A||B||5th||5th||5th||Linda 0, Rebecca 2, Rachel 0, Rolly 1|
|Paolo Family||8th||C||8th||7th B||6th||6th||6th||Tony 1, Marion 0, DJ 1, Brian 1|
|Gaghan Family||7th||B||6th||5th B||7th||7th||7th||Bill 1, Tammy 1, Billy 1, Carissa 0|
|Aiello Family||5th||A||4th||6th B||8th||8th||8th||Tony 0, Kevin 0, Matt 1, David 2|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Forrest Gump Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Muddy Waters Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 8|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Countries||United States • Panama • Costa Rica • Canada|
|Teams||Aiello Family • Black Family • Bransen Family • Gaghan Family • Godlewski Family • Linz Family • Paolo Family • Rogers Family • Schroeder Family • Weaver Family|