The Amazing Race 7 Leg 1
|Starting Line||Shoreline Aquatic Park|
|Pit Stop||Convento de La Merced|
|Winners||Debbie & Bianca|
|Last Place||Ryan & Chuck|
Leg One of The Amazing Race 7 saw teams race from the United States to Peru. It started at near RMS Queen Mary in Long Beach, filmed between November 20-22, 2004 and first aired in the USA on March 1, 2005.
Shoreline Aquatic Park
- Long Beach, California, United States of America
- Starting Line
The race began with Phil welcoming the eleven teams, explaining the basic rules of the race, and shouting "Go!" In the park's parking lot, teams found the vehicles that they would use to transport them to Los Angeles' airport.
Los Angeles International Airport
- Los Angeles
- Distance: 17.2 miles
The first six teams to arrive here could sign up for the first flight to Lima. The last five teams would have to sign up for the last flight.
Jorge Chávez International Airport
- Lima, Peru
- Distance: 4167 miles
Plaza de Armas
- Distance: 5.94 miles
From here, teams traveled by bus to the Ancón district, where they would have to hire a bicycle taxi to take them to their next destination.
- Ancón, Lima
- Distance: 21.4 miles
Here, teams had to search through three piles of sand, each containing identified tickets for one of three flights to Cuzco the following morning. Once teams found one of the tickets buried in the sand, they would remove one of the markers to identify that the ticket had been claimed.
Jorge Chávez International Airport
- Distance: 17.7 miles
The second flight to Cuzco was delayed indefinitely due to mechanical problems. To compensate, the teams on the second flight were permitted to purchase tickets for the third flight instead.
Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport
- Distance: 364 miles
Virgen del Carmen Kiosk
- Distance: 15.4 miles
Here, teams received their next clue from the owner of this kiosk.
- Distance: 0.38 miles
At this nearby gorge, teams had to ride two ziplines across and back across the gorge to reach the bottom. They would receive their clue after the first zipline, but could not read it until both team members were safely at the bottom of the second.
Detour: Both Detours had teams traveling to a nearby remote village.
- Rope a Llama: Teams would have to tie up a pair of llamas and lead the unruly creatures along a mountain path. Once they had safely delivered the llamas to their pen, teams would receive their next clue.
- Meredith & Gretchen, Ryan & Chuck, Susan & Patrick, Uchenna & Joyce
- Rope a Basket: Teams had to dress like the indigenous people of the region and had to each fill a basket with alfalfa. They had to carry these baskets on their backs using a traditional rope system and had to carry it to a store called Tienda Victoria Valdivia located 0.66 miles away. They would exchange their alfalfa baskets for their next clue.
- Brian & Greg, Debbie & Bianca, Lynn & Alex, Megan & Heidi, Ray & Deana, Rob & Amber, Ron & Kelly
- Distance: 0.49 miles
Teams needed to board a large truck, used in Huambuito for mass transportation, to take them to their next destination. The trucks would show up following a set schedule.
- Distance: 14.5 miles
Teams had to search Písac's marketplace for a clue box hidden somewhere within. For unknown reasons, this particular clue box was decorated with a solid red flag as opposed to the usual red and yellow flag.
Convento de La Merced
- Distance: 10.9 miles
- Prize: $10,000 cash for each racer
|Debbie & Bianca||1st||A||2nd||A||1st||A||1st||1st||3rd B||B||3rd||1st||Debbie 0, Bianca 0|
|Susan & Patrick||1st||3rd||2nd||2nd||2nd||2nd A||A||1st||2nd||Susan 0, Patrick 0|
|Rob & Amber||1st||B||7th||B||3rd||3rd||3rd||1st B||2nd||3rd||Rob 0, Amber 0|
|Brian & Greg||1st||8th||D||8th||B||4th||4th||4th B||C||4th||4th||Brian 0, Greg 0|
|Lynn & Alex||1st||9th||E||9th||6th||5th||5th B||5th||5th||Lynn 0, Alex 0|
|Meredith & Gretchen||1st||11th||F||10th||5th||6th||6th A||D||6th||6th||Meredith 0, Gretchen 0|
|Ray & Deana||1st||A||1st||C||4th||7th||7th||7th B||E||7th||7th||Ray 0, Deana 0|
|Uchenna & Joyce||1st||B||10th||G||11th||8th||8th||8th A||8th||8th||Uchenna 0, Joyce 0|
|Megan & Heidi||1st||A||6th||C||5th||11th||11th||11th B||F||10th||9th||Megan 0, Heidi 0|
|Ron & Kelly||1st||4th||7th||10th||10th||10th B||11th||10th||Ron 0, Kelly 0|
|Ryan & Chuck||1st||5th||6th||9th||9th||9th A||9th||11th||Ryan 0, Chuck 0|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Rope a Llama Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Rope a Basket Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 7|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Peru • Chile • Argentina • South Africa • Botswana • India • Turkey • United Kingdom (England) • Jamaica • Puerto Rico|
|Teams||Brian & Greg • Debbie & Bianca • Lynn & Alex • Megan & Heidi • Meredith & Gretchen • Ray & Deana • Rob & Amber • Ron & Kelly • Ryan & Chuck • Susan & Patrick • Uchenna & Joyce|