The Amazing Race 5 Leg 8
|Pit Stop||Desert Oasis|
United Arab Emirates
|Winners||Colin & Christie|
|Last Place||Kami & Karli|
Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Distance: 86.6 miles
Teams needed to take a charter flight back to Nairobi, Kenya before departing for their next destination.
Dubai International Airport
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Distance: 2323 miles
- Distance: 13.9 miles
In front of this iconic building, teams received a Roadblock clue and had to travel to the nearby Spice Souk.
- Distance: 11.2 miles
Roadblock: Inside this souk, the chosen team member had to search through the many stalls for a particular kind of nut. They had to purchase some, and then deliver them to a ship in the nearby harbour. This task, however, was completely unaired.
- Brandon, Chip, Colin, Linda
Bur Dubai Abra Port
- Distance: 0.36 miles
- Not Used
Al Quwain Aero Club
- Distance: 36 miles
- Off Plane: Teams would be taken by plane to a height of 10 000 feet. There, they both had to tandem skidive with an instructor to a landing site 40 miles away in the Margham Dunes.
- Brandon & Nicole, Kami & Karli
- Off Road: Teams had to instead drive a marked 4x4 vehicle across the unforgiving sand dunes in order to travel directly to the skydive landing site. Once there, they would find their next clue.
- Chip & Kim, Colin & Christie, Linda & Karen
- Distance: 6.94 miles
Pit Stop: Teams had to ride on the back of a camel and follow a GPS navigation system to find the Pit Stop hidden in the desert. This was a non-elimination leg. The last-place team was required to surrender all of their accumulated money.
- Prize: A vacation to sunny Caribbean provided by American Airlines website AA.com
|Colin & Christie||2nd||B||A||4th||2nd||4th||1st B||1st||Colin 5, Christie 1|
|Brandon & Nicole||4th||A||2nd||5th||2nd||2nd A||2nd||Brandon 6, Nicole 1|
|Chip & Kim||1st||1st||3rd||1st||3rd B||3rd||Chip 6, Kim 1|
|Linda & Karen||3rd||C||B||5th||4th||5th||4th B||4th||Linda 4, Karen 3|
|Kami & Karli||5th||B||A||3rd||1st||3rd||5th A||5th||Kami 4, Karli 2|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Off Plane Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Off Road Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 5|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13|
|Countries||United States • Uruguay • Argentina • Russia • Egypt • Kenya • Tanzania • United Arab Emirates • India • New Zealand • Philippines • Canada|
|Teams||Alison & Donny • Bob & Joyce • Brandon & Nicole • Charla & Mirna • Chip & Kim • Colin & Christie • Dennis & Erika • Jim & Marsha • Kami & Karli • Linda & Karen • Marshall & Lance|