The Amazing Race 5 Leg 6
|Pit Stop||Crocodile Island|
|Winners||Colin & Christie|
|Last Place||Marshall & Lance|
- Giza, Egypt
- Distance: 0.37 miles
At the beginning of the leg, teams had to go to the largest of the Great Pyramids, and had to descend into a deep, claustrophobic cavern to a place called the Creation Room. There, they would find their next clue.
Old Cairo Airport
- Distance: 18.6 miles
Teams needed to travel using the domestic terminal of Cairo's airport to make their way to the next destination.
Luxor International Airport
- Distance: 317 miles
- Distance: 4.44 miles
- Not Used
Banana Island / Pigeon House Farm
- Distance: 3.69 miles/1.86 miles
- Herd It: Teams needed to find a sailboat on the Nile river that was being loaded up with goats. Teams had to load ten goats by hand onto the boat and then sail across to Banana Island to deliver them and get their next clue.
- Charla & Mirna, Chip & Kim, Kami & Karli, Linda & Karen, Marshall & Lance
- Haul It: Teams traveled to the Pigeon House Farm along the Nile, where they had to fill an urn with water to the marked level. Teams had to use an ancient device to lift water from the river, then use a donkey to transport the water from the banks of the river to the urn on the farm.
- Brandon & Nicole, Colin & Christie
- Distance from Banana Island: 3.4 miles
- Distance from Pigeon House Farm: 4.21 miles
Roadblock: On the grounds outside of this temple, teams found a Roadblock clue. Who has keen eyes and a lot of patience? The chosen team member would have to use a set of archaeological tools to dig in a marked area of sand. Hidden somewhere underground, teams would find a stone scarab, which they could exchange for their next clue.
- Brandon, Mirna, Kim, Colin, Karli, Linda, Lance (not completed)
West Nile Ferry Port
- Distance: 2.66 miles
Teams needed to travel by ferry to reach the next Pit Stop.
- Distance: 2.11 miles
- Prize: A vacation to exotic Mexico provided by American Airlines website AA.com
|Colin & Christie||1st||1st||A||3rd||1st B||1st||1st||1st||Colin 3, Christie 1|
|Chip & Kim||4th||4th||2nd||3rd A||3rd||2nd||2nd||Chip 4, Kim 1|
|Kami & Karli||6th||6th||1st||5th A||5th||3rd||3rd||Kami 3, Karli 2|
|Brandon & Nicole||3rd||3rd||4th||2nd B||2nd||4th||4th||Brandon 4, Nicole 1|
|Charla & Mirna||2nd||2nd||5th||6th A||6th||5th||5th||Charla 3, Mirna 2|
|Linda & Karen||7th||7th||6th||4th A||4th||6th||6th||Linda 3, Karen 2|
|Marshall & Lance||5th||5th||7th||7th A||7th||Marshall 1, Lance 4|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Herd It Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Haul It Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 5|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13|
|Countries||United States • Uruguay • Argentina • Russia • Egypt • Kenya • Tanzania • United Arab Emirates • India • New Zealand • Philippines • Canada|
|Teams||Alison & Donny • Bob & Joyce • Brandon & Nicole • Charla & Mirna • Chip & Kim • Colin & Christie • Dennis & Erika • Jim & Marsha • Kami & Karli • Linda & Karen • Marshall & Lance|