The Amazing Race 4 (Latin America)
|The Amazing Race 4: Edição Brasil|
|First Aired||7 October – 23 December 2012 (Brazil); 9 October - 25 December 2012 (Latin America)|
|Filmed||28 July – 16 August 2012|
|No. of Episodes||13|
|Winners||Daniel Belém &|
|Distance Traveled||8,300 miles (13,300 km)|
|No. of Legs||12|
|Season 3 ◄ Season 4 ► Season 5|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12|
The Amazing Race 4 (also known as The Amazing Race: Edição Brasil, translated as The Amazing Race: Brazilian Edition) is the fourth installment of the Latin American reality television show The Amazing Race. The Amazing Race 4 is the second season to be aired on the channel, Space, in association with Disney Media Networks Latin America. On July 13, 2012, Brazilian model and actor Paulo Zulu was announced as the new host of the race, replacing Harris Whitbeck.
The Amazing Race 4 premiered with a two-hour episode on Space Brazil on 7 October 2012 at 7:00 p.m (UTC-3) and for the rest of Latin America on 9 October 2012 at 9:00 p.m (UTC-3). The season finale aired on Space Brazil on 23 December 2012 at 7:00 p.m (UTC-3) and for the rest of Latin America on 25 December 2012 at 9:00 p.m (UTC-3).
Friends from Ribeirão Preto Daniel & César were the winners of the race.
Development and filming
Space greenlit the fourth season of the series in late December 2011. Filming for this fourth season took place from 28 July 2012 to 16 August 2012. The Amazing Race 4 was broadcasted in high-definition television on Space HD.
None of the eliminated teams were present at the Finish Line.
States and Countries visited
|Leg(s)||Country||Previous Visits||Pit Stops|
|1, 2||Distrito Federal||0||1|
|2, 3, 4||Minas Gerais||0||2|
|4, 5, 9, 10||São Paulo||1||2|
|5, 6, 7||Peru||1||2|
|7, 8, 9||Bolivia||1||2|
|10, 11||Rio de Janeiro||1||1|
Applications for this season were opened only for Brazilians on 31 December 2011 and closed on 1 March 2012. This season was composed solely of Brazilian teams, making this season the second race to only have teams from Brazil, only after A Corrida Milionária.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcasted on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Daniel & César||Friends||5th||7th||9th⊂7||7th||6th||6th||4th||5th⊃||2nd||2nd||1st||3rd||1st||Daniel 6, César 7|
|Fer & Ferds||Boyfriends||4th||3rd3||5th||3rd||3rd||2nd11||3rd12||2nd||3rd||3rd||2nd16||1st||2nd||Fer 6, Ferds 7|
|Edu & Rick||Brothers||6th||4th||2nd||1st||2nd||3rd||5th13||4th||1st||1st||3rd||2nd||3rd18||Edu 7, Rick 6|
|Renan & Fran||Friends||2nd||8th||6th⊃||6th||5th||4th||2nd||3rd⊂||4th||4th||4th||Renan 6, Fran 5|
|Ana Paula & Renata||Friends||1st||1st||1st||4th8||4th||1st||1st||1stε14||5th15||5th||Ana Paula 5, Renata 5|
|Fernanda & Cainã||Dating||3rd||5th||4th||2nd||1st||5th||6th13||6th||Fernanda 4, Cainã 4|
|Fuzetti & Nando||Father/Son||8th||2nd||7th||5th||7th||7th||7th||Fuzetti 4, Nando 3|
|Gabriela & Harã||Engaged||10th||9th||8th||8th8||8th10||Gabriela 2, Harã 3|
|Ciça & Zezão||Mother/Son||9th||6th||3rd||9th9||Ciça 4, Zezão 0|
|Billy & Gean||Brothers||11th∪1||10th4||Billy 2, Gean 0|
|Ci & Lu||Twins/Triathletes||7th||11th5||Ci 1, Lu 1|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
- An underlined blue team placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump in the next leg of the race.
- An orange ∪ indicates that the team was penalized for finishing last in the Starting Line task and were subject to an automatic U-Turn at the first Detour of the Race.
- A brown ⊃ indicates means the team chose to use a U-Turn; ⊂ indicates the team who received it; ⋐⋑ around a leg number indicates that only one of the two available U-Turns was used.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing, except for the last team to arrive, who was eliminated. The first place team was still awarded a prize for that leg.
- For finishing last in the starting line task, Billy & Gean were subject to an automatic U-Turn in the second leg.
- Leg 2 was a double-elimination leg. The last two teams to be checked in at the Pit Stop were both eliminated.
- Fer & Ferds initially arrived 1st, but they received a 30-minute penalty for not picking up their Roadblock clue, dropping their placement to 3rd.
- Billy & Gean initially arrived 3rd, but they received a 2-hour penalty for refusing to complete one of the sides of the U-turn, and a 30-minute penalty for not picking up their Roadblock clue, dropping their placement to 10th, which resulted them eliminated.
- Ci & Lu failed to complete the Roadblock in Leg 2. After the last team checked in at the mat, Paulo came out to the Roadblock location and eliminated them.
- Ana Paula & Renata (1st), Gabriela & Harã (3rd), Ciça & Zezão (4th), Fernanda & Cainã (5th), Fer & Ferds (6th) and Fuzetti & Nando (7th) skipped the U-turn area and received a 30-minute penalty. Additionally, Gabriela & Harã received a 2-hour penalty for not completing either Detour options and Fuzetti & Nando received a 15-minute penalty, because Fuzetti helped Nando during the Roadblock. Final placements were: Renata & Ana Paula (1st), Ciça & Zezão (3rd), Fernanda & Cainã (4th), Fer & Ferds (5th), Fuzetti & Nando (7th) and Gabriela & Harã (8th).
- Daniel & César were the last team to arrive, however they received a 2-hour penalty for not doing one of the sides of their U-turn. This did not affect their placement.
- Ana Paula & Renata (1st) and Gabriela & Harã (6th) received a 30-minute penalty because they lost their puck during the last task of the leg. They dropped to 4th and 8th respectively.
- Ciça & Zezão were the 5th team to arrive, however Ciça failed to complete the Roadblock and incurred in a 2-hour penalty at the Pit Stop. They dropped to 9th place (last) and were eliminated.
- Harã failed to complete the Roadblock, however since Gabriela & Harã were the last team to arrive at the Pit Stop, the 2-hour penalty was not applied and they were eliminated.
- Fer & Ferds initially arrived in 1st place, however they received a 15-minutes penalty for traveling by taxi to the Puente de los Suspiros, instead of traveling by bus as indicated in the clue. They dropped to 2nd place.
- Fer & Ferds initially arrived in 2nd place, however they received a 15-minutes penalty for improperly completing the Detour. They dropped to 3rd place.
- Edu & Rick (3rd) and Fernanda & Cainã (5th) received a 15-minutes penalty because they lost their ekeko's hat during the last task of the leg. They dropped to 5th and 6th respectively.
- Ana Paula & Renata elected to use the Express Pass to bypass the Detour in Leg 8.
- Ana Paula & Renata initially arrived 4th, but they received a 2-hour penalty for refusing to complete the additional task at Fábrica de Troncos Embrapem. They dropped to 5th (last), however this was a Non-elimination.
- Fer & Ferds initially arrived in 1st place, however they received a 30-minute penalty because they read the clue before choosing the team member that was going to perform the Roadblock. They dropped to 2nd place.
- Leg 12 was a double-length leg with one Detour and two Roadblocks and was shown over two episodes.
- Edu & Rick failed to complete an additional task at Centro de Instrução de Guerra na Selva, but since they were the last team to arrive at the Finish Line, their penalty was not applied. Also, it is unknown if they completed the memory challenge at the Soccer Field, since they were only shown checking in at the Finish Line.
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg and to the top three teams.
- Leg 1 – The Passe Direto (Express Pass) – an item that can be used on the race to skip any task of the team's choosing and a Blackberry Bold for each team member.
- Leg 2 – A Survival kit for each team member.
- Leg 3 – A Heart rate monitor for each team member.
- Leg 4 – An HD Camera for Extreme Sports for each team member.
- Leg 5 – A GPS for each team member.
- Leg 6 – A Flip Camera for each team member.
- Leg 7 – A Video game console for each team member.
- Leg 8 – A Digital audio player for each team member.
- Leg 9 – A Bicycle for each team member.
- Leg 10 – A Digital Camera for each team member.
- Leg 11 – A Blackberry Tablet for each team member.
- Leg 12.1 – A LED TV for each team member.
- Leg 12.2:
|The Amazing Race 4 (Latin America)|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||Brazil • Peru • Bolivia|
|Teams||Ana Paula & Renata • Billy & Gean • Ci & Lu • Ciça & Zezão • Daniel & César • Edu & Rick • Fer & Ferds • Fernanda & Cainã • Fuzetti & Nando • Gabriela & Harã • Renan & Fran|