The Amazing Race 27 Leg 5
|Starting Line||Roses of Charity Orphanage|
|Pit Stop||Masuwe Lodge|
|Winners||Denise & James Earlε|
|Last Place||Jazmine & Danielle|
Lookout Café, Batoka Gorge
- Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Distance: 1.23 miles
Roadblock: When teams found this cafe near the familiar Batoka Gorge, they found a Roadblock. Who wants to gorge themselves? The chosen team member would have to take part in a replica of the first task ever featured on The Amazing Race. They would have to take a large bungee swing down into the gorge, only a short distance from the same gorge teams did so in The Amazing Race 1. After the wild ride, teams would receive their Detour information.
- Cindy, James Earl, Danielle, Justin, Kelsey, Chris, Josh, Tiffany
Crocodile Cage Diving / A'Zambezi River Lodge
- Victoria Falls
- Distance: 0.47 miles/2.52 miles
- Crocs: At the diving establishment, teams would have to get into an underwater cage, where each team member had to use a long stick to feed a piece of raw meat to a trio of crocodiles. Only one team could perform this task at a time, and it was first come, first served. After feeding the crocodiles, teams would get their next clue.
- Canoe: At the lodge, teams would have to get into an inflatable canoe and paddle across the crocodile-infested Zambezi River to a nearby island. Once there, one team member would have to use a pulley to hoist their partner up to a vulture's nest to retrieve their next clue. Teams would then paddle back across the river to the lodge.
- Justin & Diana, Tanner & Josh
Masuwe Private Game Reserve
- Victoria Falls
- Distance from Crocodile Cage Diving: 3.22 miles
- Distance from A'Zambezi River Lodge: 5.18 miles
Teams would get the chance to walk through the savannah with a pair of lions. Along the walk, they had to look for an animal skull that would indicate where their next clue was. If they returned to the lodge without picking up the clue, they would have to go to the end of the line and take the walk again.
- Victoria Falls
- Distance: 0.42 miles
Both team members had to pick up a basket of fruit and carry it on their head along the path to the Pit Stop. They could use their hands to steady the basket, but only while standing still. If any fruit fell out, they had to stop and pick the fruit back up before continuing.
- Prize: A trip for two to Bratislava, Slovakia
|Denise & James Earl||3rd||4th||4th||3rd A ε||2nd||2nd||2nd||1st||Denise 1, James Earl 3|
|Justin & Diana||1st||1st||1st||1st B||1st||1st||1st||2nd||Justin 2, Diana 2|
|Tanner & Josh||2nd||2nd||2nd||2nd B||4th||4th||4th||3rd||Tanner 1, Josh 3|
|Kelsey & Joey||4th||3rd||3rd||4th A||3rd||3rd||3rd||4th||Kelsey 3, Joey 1|
|Tiffany & Krista||8th||8th||6th||6th A||5th||5th||5th||5th||Tiffany 2, Krista 2|
|Logan & Chris||6th||6th||8th||8th A||8th||7th||7th||6th||Logan 2, Chris 2|
|Cindy & Rick||5th||5th||7th||7th A||7th||6th||6th||7th||Cindy 2, Rick 2|
|Jazmine & Danielle||7th||7th||5th||5th A||6th||8th||8th||8th||Jazmine 2, Danielle 2|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Crocs Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Canoe Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a no-rest leg.
|The Amazing Race 27|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Brazil • Argentina • Zambia • Zimbabwe • France • Netherlands • Poland • India • Hong Kong • Macau|
|Teams||Alex & Adam • Cindy & Rick • Denise & James Earl • Ernest & Jin • Jazmine & Danielle • Justin & Diana • Kelly & Shevonne • Kelsey & Joey • Logan & Chris • Tanner & Josh • Tiffany & Krista|