The Amazing Race 26 Leg 8
|Starting Line||Spitzkoppe Rest Camp|
|Pit Stop||Goanikontes Oasis|
|Winners||Laura & Tyler⋑|
|Last Place||Aly & Steve⋐|
- Swakopmund, Namibia
- Distance: 71.7 miles
Here, teams had to pick up a copy of the German-language newspaper Allgemeine Zeitung and search for their next destination inside. One page featured a windsock with red and yellow, as well as a series of directions written in German. Teams had to use this page to figure out where to go next.
Ground Rush Skydiving Club
- Distance: 8.5 miles
Speed Bump: Before beginning the Roadblock, Aly & Steve had to join a group of local children who would show them how to make toy airplanes out of repurposed soda cans. If they could make four toys correctly, they would receive the Roadblock.
Roadblock: Once here, teams received a Roadblock. Who has always wanted to skydrop? The chosen team member would have to watch as a bush plane drop a briefcase out of it and into the desert. Once the briefcase had landed, they would have to run into the desert and retrieve it. Once they had it, they then had to climb a nearby steep hill to also retrieve a Travelocity Roaming Gnome. Once they returned with both to their partner, they could open the briefcase to find their next clue.
- Steve, Hayley, Jelani, Laura, Ashley, Mike
Snake Bend Pan
- Dorob National Park
- Distance: 19.4 miles
- Work: Teams would have to attach five large tires to the back of their vehicle. They would then drive along a 5km stretch of road, dragging the tired behind them to smooth out the unpaved road. Once they completed this, teams would receive their next clue.
- Play: Teams had to put on skis and cross-country sand ski up to the top of a nearby sand dune. Once at the top, teams would then ride back to the bottom on a sand board, after which they would receive their next clue.
- Matt & Ashley ⊃ Jelani & Jenny, Laura & Tyler ⋑ Aly & Steve
- Distance: 19.2 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Queenstown, New Zealand
|Laura & Tyler||2nd||2nd||1st||2nd||2nd||2nd A||2nd||1st||1st||Laura 3, Tyler 3|
|Matt & Ashley||1st||1st||2nd||1st||1st||1st B||1st||2nd||2nd||Matt 3, Ashley 3|
|Hayley & Blair||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd||4th A||3rd||3rd||3rd||Hayley 3, Blair 3|
|Jelani & Jenny||4th||4th||5th||4th||4th||3rd B ε||5th||5th||4th||Jelani 4, Jenny 2|
|Mike & Rochelle||5th||5th||4th||5th||5th||5th A||4th||4th||5th||Mike 4, Rochelle 2|
|Aly & Steve||6th||6th||6th||6th||6th||6th B||6th||6th||6th||Aly 3, Steve 3|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Work Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Play Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 26|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Japan • Thailand • Germany • France • Monaco • Namibia • Netherlands • Peru|
|Teams||Aly & Steve • Bergen & Kurt • Harley & Jonathan • Hayley & Blair • Jeff & Jackie • Jeff & Lyda • Jelani & Jenny • Laura & Tyler • Libby & CJ • Matt & Ashley • Mike & Rochelle|