The Amazing Race 26 Leg 1
|Starting Line||Castaic Lake|
|Pit Stop||Akihabara UDX Parking|
|Winners||Jelani & Jenny|
|Last Place||Jeff & Lyda⊂⋑|
- Castaic, California, United States of America
- Starting Line
The race began with Phil welcoming the six dating teams as well as five of the singles. He then introduced the singles' partners, thus creating five new teams. Phil explained the basic rules of the race, introduced the Express Pass, and shouted "Go!" Teams first had to run through a muddy obstacle course, which involved climbing over hills, crawling under ropes, and wading through icy water. The first eight teams to reach the end of the course received tickets for the first flight to their next destination, while the last three teams received tickets for the second flight.
Los Angeles International Airport
- Los Angeles
- Distance: 42.1 miles
Narita International Airport
- Tokyo, Japan
- Distance: 5451 miles
- Distance: 35.1km
Teams retrieved their Detour information from here.
Shinjuku Central Park / Munemeiemon-ya Kyû
- Distance: 4.48 miles/4.8 miles
- Syncing Steps: At the park, teams would need to learn how to perform an modern dance routine as performed by the local group World Order. The dance would involve robotic movements and walk cycles performed in slow motion. Only if teams could perform the dance correctly would they receive their next clue.
- Aly & Steve, Bergen & Kurt, Hayley & Blair, Jeff & Lyda, Jelani & Jenny, Laura & Tyler, Libby & CJ, Matt & Ashley, Mike & Rochelle
- Samurai Sake: At the tavern, teams would be shown ten different bottles of different kinds of sake and would be told their names. Teams had to memorize this sake, and then one team member would enter the restaurant. They would take the order of one of the patrons, who would request one of the kinds of sake, and they would relay this order to their partner. If their partner could provide them with the correct sake, teams would get their next clue.
- Distance from Shinjuku Central Park: 2.28 miles
- Distance from Munemeiemon-ya Kyû: 2.8 miles
- Mike & Rochelle ⊃ Jeff & Lyda ⋑ Jeff & Jackie (failed)
Akihabara UDX Parking
- Distance: 2.74km
Pit Stop: Teams were told to search the vicinity of the UDX Building for one of Tokyo's most precious commodities; a parking space. The winners of this leg would receive The Express Pass.
|Jelani & Jenny||1st||8th||A||1st||4th A||2nd||1st||Jelani 0, Jenny 0|
|Jeff & Jackie||1st||2nd||2nd||1st B||1st||2nd||Jeff 0, Jackie 0|
|Laura & Tyler||1st||3rd||4th||3rd A||3rd||3rd||Laura 0, Tyler 0|
|Aly & Steve||1st||5th||5th||5th A||5th||4th||Aly 0, Steve 0|
|Harley & Jonathan||1st||4th||6th||2nd B||4th||5th||Harley 0, Jonathan 0|
|Bergen & Kurt||1st||7th||8th||6th A||6th||6th||Bergen 0, Kurt 0|
|Mike & Rochelle||1st||10th||B||9th||10th A||7th||7th||Mike 0, Rochelle 0|
|Hayley & Blair||1st||9th||11th||7th A||8th||8th||Hayley 0, Blair 0|
|Matt & Ashley||1st||1st||A||3rd||8th A||9th||9th||Matt 0, Ashley 0|
|Libby & CJ||1st||11th||B||10th||9th A||10th||10th||Libby 0, CJ 0|
|Jeff & Lyda||1st||6th||A||7th||11th A||11th||11th||Jeff 0, Lyda 0|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Syncing Steps Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Samurai Sake Detour.
|The Amazing Race 26|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Japan • Thailand • Germany • France • Monaco • Namibia • Netherlands • Peru|
|Teams||Aly & Steve • Bergen & Kurt • Harley & Jonathan • Hayley & Blair • Jeff & Jackie • Jeff & Lyda • Jelani & Jenny • Laura & Tyler • Libby & CJ • Matt & Ashley • Mike & Rochelle|