The Amazing Race 23 Leg 9
|Starting Line||Mercure Grand Hotel|
United Arab Emirates
|Pit Stop||Bosscha Observatory|
|Winners||Leo & Jamal|
|Last Place||Ally & Ashley|
Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Distance: 76 miles
Husein Sastranegara International Airport
- Bandung, Indonesia
- Distance: 4166 miles
Cikapandang Village Ram Arena
- Distance: 10.9 miles
Teams had to choose two Priangan rams from a nearby truck and lead them to the arena. They would then watch them participate in a traditional West Javanese ram fight. After returning the rams to the truck, teams would get their next clue.
- Distance: 2.89 miles
Teams had to return to Bandung by train.
- Distance: 11.1 miles
Teams would retrieve their Detour information here.
Simpang Dago Market / Sukahaji Bird Market
- Distance: 2.2 miles/1.55 miles
- For the Elephants: At the Simpang Dago Market, teams would have to pick up all of the objects on a shopping list; eight watermelons, two bunches of bananas, one dozen sweet potatoes, and five strokes of sugar cane. They would then have to deliver these items 0.61 miles to the Bandung Zoo and feed these items to a resident elephant. Teams would get their next clue once everything was delivered.
- Ally & Ashley, Jason & Amy, Leo & Jamal, Tim & Marie
- For the Birds: At the bird market, teams chose a pair of Peach-faced Lovebirds. They would then have to carry their birdcage 0.63 miles to the Sumber Sari Arena, where they had to entice the birds to sing in a bird-singing competition. Once the lovebirds began to sing, teams would get their next clue.
- Nicole & Travis
Saung Angklung Udjo
- Distance from Bandung Zoo: 3.36 miles
- Distance from Sumber Sari Arena: 5.78 miles
Roadblock: When teams arrived here, they found a Roadblock. Who has an inkling for an Angklung? Using the provided pieces, the chosen team member would have to completely assemble an Indonesian instrument known as an angklung. If a child could properly play a complete octave with their instrument, teams would get their next clue.
- Ashley, Amy, Leo, Nicole, Tim
- Distance: 5.93 miles
- Prize: $7,500 each
|Leo & Jamal||4th||A||3rd||A||2nd||2nd A||2nd||1st||1st||Leo 5, Jamal 5|
|Tim & Marie||3rd||4th||B||5th||4th A||4th||2nd||2nd||Tim 6, Marie 4|
|Jason & Amy||2nd||5th||4th||3rd A||3rd||3rd||3rd||Jason 5, Amy 5|
|Nicole & Travis||1st||1st||A||1st||1st B||1st||4th||4th||Nicole 5, Travis 5|
|Ally & Ashley||4th||2nd||3rd||5th A||5th||5th||5th||Ally 4, Ashley 6|
- An A indicates that teams completed the For the Elephants Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the For the Birds Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 23|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Chile • Portugal • Norway • Poland • Austria • United Arab Emirates • Indonesia • Japan|
|Teams||Ally & Ashley • Brandon & Adam • Chester & Ephraim • Hoskote & Naina • Jason & Amy • Leo & Jamal • Nicky & Kim • Nicole & Travis • Rowan & Shane • Tim & Danny • Tim & Marie|