The Amazing Race 22 Leg 5
|Starting Line||Bukit Point|
|Pit Stop||National Museum of Vietnamese History|
|Winners||Pam & Winnie⊃|
|Last Place||Dave & Connor|
Ngurah Rai International Airport
- Denpasar, Indonesia
- Distance: 7.16 miles
Noi Bai International Airport
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Distance: 2156 miles
No route markers were used during the duration of the visit to Vietnam. (see below for exception)
Rạp Công Nhân Theater Gallery 42
- Distance: 13.8 miles
Roadblock: When teams made their way to the theater, they found a Roadblock. Who's ready to take in the sights and sounds of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam? The chosen team member would enter the theater and listen to a group of performers sing a patriotic Vietnamese song. Once the song was over, the performers would hold up a banner saying "Vinh quang thay thế hệ thanh niên chúng ta". The team member then had to search among hundreds of political posters for one that contained this exact phrase, all without using notes. Teams only had five minutes to search, otherwise they would have to return to the theater and listen to another performance of the song. Once teams found the correct poster, they would receive their next clue.
- Anthony, Jennifer, Chuck, Meghan, Katie, Beth, Pam
Công Viên Thống Nhất
- Distance: 1.29 miles
Teams had to complete a traditional dance known as múa sạp, involving jumping over moving bamboo sticks. If teams could do the dance without touching the sticks, they would receive their Detour information.
Temple of Literature / Ngoc Son Temple
- Distance: 1.34 miles/1.58 miles
- Make Your Move: At the Temple of Literature, teams would observe two men playing a game of cờ tướng, or Chinese Chess. They then had to choose a one of the colors represented by pieces on the board, and search the temple for four human chess players with matching symbols and colors. Once they arranged them in the proper position on a giant human chess board, teams would get their next clue.
- Make Your Meal: At the Ngoc Son Temple, teams would retrieve two empty baskets, two baskets of live chickens, and an ingredients list for phở. Teams had to purchase the ingredients on the list from the nearby vendors, making sure to buy the correct weights and amounts. If they got the correct ingredients, a chef would prepare two bowls of phở gà and present them to teams along with their next clue.
Hữu Tiệp Lake
- Distance from Temple of Literature: 0.84 miles
- Distance from Ngoc Son Temple: 1.78 miles
- Pam & Winnie ⊃ Joey & Meghan ⋑ Chuck & Wynona
In what was most likely an oversight, the clue box used directly after the U-Turn had the standard red and yellow flags attached to it.
National Museum of Vietnamese History
- Distance: 2.31 miles
- Prize: A ski trip for two to Whistler
|Pam & Winnie||2nd||A||2nd||1st||1st||1st||1st A||1st||1st||Pam 3, Winnie 3|
|Max & Katie||3rd||3rd||4th||3rd||2nd||4th B||3rd||2nd||Max 3, Katie 3|
|Mona & Beth||6th||B||7th||6th||6th||5th||5th A||4th||3rd||Mona 3, Beth 3|
|Bates & Anthony||7th||5th||7th||5th||4th||2nd A||2nd||4th||Bates 2, Anthony 4|
|Caroline & Jennifer||4th||1st||3rd||7th||7th||6th A||5th||5th||Caroline 3, Jennifer 3|
|Joey & Meghan||5th||6th||5th||4th||3rd||3rd A||6th||6th||Joey 3, Meghan 3|
|Chuck & Wynona||8th||4th||2nd||2nd||6th||7th B||7th||7th||Chuck 5, Wynona 1|
|Dave & Connor||1st||A||8th||Dave 1, Connor 4|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Make Your Move Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Make Your Meal Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 22|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • French Polynesia • New Zealand • Indonesia • Vietnam • Botswana • Switzerland • Germany • United Kingdom (Scotland, Northern Ireland, England)|
|Teams||Bates & Anthony • Caroline & Jennifer • Chuck & Wynona • Dave & Connor • Idries & Jamil • Jessica & John • Joey & Meghan • Matt & Daniel • Max & Katie • Mona & Beth • Pam & Winnie|