The Amazing Race 22 Leg 3
|Starting Line||Motu Tapu|
|Pit Stop||Terrace Downs|
|Winners||Dave & Connorε|
|Last Place||Chuck & Wynona|
Bora Bora Airport
Christchurch International Airport
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Distance: 2801 miles
Rakaia River Gorge
- Distance: 44.2 miles
Teams would pick a number here, deciding their departure time in the morning. Teams would then ride a high-speed jet boat down the Rakaia River to retrieve their Detour information.
Montrose Est / Cleardale Station
- Distance: 4.1 miles/5.1 miles
- Rev It Up: At Montrose Est, teams would find a modified vintage car. Each team member, one at a time, would have to drive the car around a slalom set of cones, back and forth. If teams could complete this course in 83 seconds or less, they would get their next clue.
- Bates & Anthony, Caroline & Jennifer, Jessica & John, Joey & Meghan, Max & Katie, Mona & Beth, Pam & Winnie
- Reel It In: At Cleardale Station, teams would have to go fishing in the nearby water. If each team member could catch a fish that was at least 12 inches long, they would get their next clue.
Mount Hutt Station
- Distance from Montrose Est: 3.66 miles
- Distance from Cleardale Station: 4.51 miles
Roadblock: Upon arrival at this rural area, teams found a Roadblock. Who wants to keep the Race from going to the dogs? The chosen team member would have to complete a New Zealand obstacle course known as a Shemozzle. They would have to dress in gum boots, stubbies shorts, and a burlap sack, and choose a shepherd and farm dog. They would climb through a contraption that would cover them in molasses and feathers, climb over hay bales, and then ride an inner tube down a slope into a manure pond. Along the way, they would collect chicken eggs and had to hold them in their bare hands, which they would deposit into a basket at the end of the course. Teams would repeat the course until they had a total of 12 unbroken eggs, and would then receive their next clue.
- Anthony, Jennifer, Chuck, Connor, John, Meghan, Katie, Mona, Winnie
- Distance: 2.88 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Bangkok
|Dave & Connor||2nd||B||1st||1st||1st B ε||1st||1st||1st||Dave 1, Connor 3|
|Jessica & John||3rd||2nd||2nd||2nd A||2nd||2nd||2nd||Jessica 2, John 2|
|Bates & Anthony||1st||C||8th||8th||5th A||8th||?||3rd||Bates 1, Anthony 3|
|Pam & Winnie||9th||A||5th||5th||7th A||3rd||3rd||4th||Pam 2, Winnie 2|
|Joey & Meghan||4th||B||3rd||3rd||3rd A||6th||?||5th||Joey 2, Meghan 2|
|Caroline & Jennifer||7th||C||7th||7th||9th A||5th||4th||6th||Caroline 2, Jennifer 2|
|Mona & Beth||6th||B||6th||6th||4th A||7th||?||7th||Mona 2, Beth 2|
|Max & Katie||8th||4th||4th||6th A||9th||?||8th||Max 2, Katie 2|
|Chuck & Wynona||5th||D||9th||9th||8th B||4th||?||9th||Chuck 3, Wynona 1|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Rev It Up Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Reel It In Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a no-rest leg.
|The Amazing Race 22|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • French Polynesia • New Zealand • Indonesia • Vietnam • Botswana • Switzerland • Germany • United Kingdom (Scotland, Northern Ireland, England)|
|Teams||Bates & Anthony • Caroline & Jennifer • Chuck & Wynona • Dave & Connor • Idries & Jamil • Jessica & John • Joey & Meghan • Matt & Daniel • Max & Katie • Mona & Beth • Pam & Winnie|