The Amazing Race 21 Leg 9
|Starting Line||Sokolniki Park|
|Pit Stop||House of Rembrandt's Mistress|
|Winners||Natalie & Nadiyaƒ|
|Last Place||Abbie & Ryan⊂|
Visited Locations & Tasks
Sheremetyevo International Airport
- Moscow, Russia
- Distance: 15.9 miles
Teams would only be given the flag of their next country, and were told to fly to the country's capital city.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Distance: 1337 miles
Schiphol Railway Station
- Distance: 0.56 miles
Teams had to travel on Amsterdam's metro trains to reach the center of the city.
Amsterdam Centraal Railway Station
- Distance: 7.88 miles
Van Gogh Café
- Distance: +0.14 miles
Fast Forward: Teams wishing to pursue the Fast Forward teams had to find this Café and board an amphibious bus waiting outside called The Floating Dutchman. Teams would ride the bus until it entered the water. Team members would then have to eat soused herrings each before the bus returned to land in order to receive the Fast Forward.
- Natalie & Nadiya
- Distance: 0.36
Teams had to board a boat here and ride down the Amstel River to reach their next destination.
- Distance: 1.14 miles
Teams would receive a platter of poffertjes from this floating vendor, along with their Detour information.
Amsterdam Bridges / De Duif Church
- Distance: 0.45 miles/0.29 miles
- Organ to Grind: Teams had to find one of three street organs on the nearby bridges of Amsterdam. One team member would turn the crank to run the machine, while the other team member would ask for tips from locals. Once they earned €30, they would receive their next clue.
- Back in Time: Teams would travel to the church, where they would have to completely recreate Rembrandt's painting The Night Watch. They would have to organize a group of costumed actors, as well as their props, and then dress up as two of the characters themselves. If they had completely recreated the painting, teams would get their next clue.
- Abbie & Ryan, Josh & Brent
- Distance from Amsterdam Bridges: 0.16 miles
- Distance from De Duif Church: 0.23 miles
- Jaymes & James ⊃ Abbie & Ryan, Trey & Lexi ⋑ Jaymes & James (failed)
Rural Village Field
- Distance: 4.74 miles
Switchback Roadblock: At this familiar location, teams found a Roadblock. Who's ready to jump back in time and make a last ditch effort? This Roadblock recreated the one seen in leg 2 of The Amazing Race 12. The chosen team member had to participate in the traditional Dutch game of fierljeppen. They would have to successfully vault 12 feet over the top of an irrigation ditch and land on the other side without falling into the water. They would then retrieve their next clue and vault back. If at any point they fell in the water, they had to return to shore and try again.
- Ryan, James, Josh, Trey
House of Rembrandt's Mistress
- Distance: 0.19 miles
- Prize: $5000 each
|Natalie & Nadiya||3rd||A||A||1st||1stƒ||1stƒ||1stƒ||1stƒ||Natalie 5, Nadiya 4|
|Jaymes & James||1st||B||B||2nd||2nd B||2nd||2nd||2nd||Jaymes 5, James 5|
|Trey & Lexi||2nd||C||C||3rd||3rd B||3rd||3rd||3rd||Trey 5, Lexi 5|
|Josh & Brent||5th||E||D||5th||5th A||4th||4th||4th||Josh 5, Brent 5|
|Abbie & Ryan||4th||D||4th||4th A||5th||5th||5th||Abbie 4, Ryan 6|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Back In Time Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Organ To Grind Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 21|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • China • Indonesia • Bangladesh • Turkey • Russia • Netherlands • Spain • France|
|Teams||Abbie & Ryan • Amy & Daniel • Caitlin & Brittany • Gary & Will • James & Abba • Jaymes & James • Josh & Brent • Natalie & Nadiya • Rob & Kelley • Rob & Sheila • Trey & Lexi|