The Amazing Race 21 Leg 2
|Starting Line||The Bund Signal Tower|
|Pit Stop||Pabean Market|
|Winners||Natalie & Nadiya|
|Last Place||Amy & Daniel|
Visited Locations & Tasks
Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- Shanghai, People's Republic of China
- Distance: 19.5 miles
Juanda International Airport
- Surabaya, Indonesia
- Distance: 2715 miles
- Distance: 24 miles
Teams would choose a bullwhip with a number attached, indicating the order they would get to depart the next morning. Once morning arrived, teams had to get onto on a motorcycle with their professional driver and take part on an exhibition known as karapan sapi (the traditional Maduran sport of Bull racing). Teams would race to the finish line against the champion bulls to get their next clue.
Genteng Kali Bridge
- Distance: 15.9 miles
Teams retrieved their Roadblock information from a cluebox with red and yellow balloons attached.
- Distance: 0.31 miles
Roadblock: From earlier at the bridge, teams found a Roadblock. Who's ready to party? Once here, the chosen team member would have to choose four children to ride on a pedal-powered amusement ride called an odong-odong. While the team member pedaled, they would have to inflate eight balloons and form them into balloon art for the children. Once they had finished all eight balloons, teams would get their next clue.
- Abbie, Amy, Caitlin, Will, James, Jaymes, Josh, Nadiya, Rob, Lexi
Wijaya Motor Shop
- Distance: 1.71 miles
Teams retrieved their Detour information from this motor shop.
Tirta Maya Ice Factory / Pabean Fish Market
- Distance: 0.7 miles/0.4 miles
- Ice by the Pound: Teams had to deliver ten blocks of ice, each weighing 65lbs. First they must get the ice from the giant ice maker slide it through the factory to deliver it to a truck. They would then deliver it to the Pasar Pabean Market, and had to use a special cart called a becak to deliver their cargo to the marked stall. They will then then receive their next clue.
- Abbie & Ryan, Amy & Daniel, Caitlin & Brittany, Gary & Will, James & Abba, Jaymes & James, Josh & Brent, Rob & Kelley, Trey & Lexi
- Fish by the Barrel: At the fish market, teams had to sort through thousands of assorted fresh fish using a traditional method of working with their hands. Once the fish had been properly stocked, teams would have to set up a fish-selling stall. When the vendor feelt they were ready for business, he would give them their next clue.
- Natalie & Nadiya
Pasar Pabean Market
- Distance from Tirta Maya Ice Factory: 1.14 miles
- Distance from Pabean Fish Market: 0.1 miles
Pit Stop: Teams were greeted by an Indonesian person at the Pit Stop with Hai, and sent off with Selamat Tinggal after being checked in. The winners of this leg would receive the Express Pass.
|Natalie & Nadiya||4th||B||6th||6th||3rd||2nd||1st B||Natalie 1, Nadiya 2|
|Trey & Lexi||9th||5th||5th||1st||1st||2nd A||Trey 1, Lexi 2|
|Jaymes & James||10th||4th||4th||5th||3rd||3rd A||Jaymes 2, James 1|
|Abbie & Ryan||1st||3rd||3rd||6th||4th||4th A||Abbie 2, Ryan 1|
|Josh & Brent||7th||7th||7th||7th||5th||5th A||Josh 2, Brent 1|
|James & Abba||6th||A||1st||1st||4th||6th||6th A||James 2, Abba 1|
|Caitlin & Brittany||3rd||B||8th||8th||8th||7th||7th A||Caitlin 2, Brittany 1|
|Rob & Kelley||5th||C||10th||10th||9th||9th||8th A||Rob 2, Kelly 1|
|Gary & Will||8th||B||9th||9th||10th||8th||9th A||Gary 1, Will 2|
|Amy & Daniel||2nd||2nd||2nd||2nd||10th||10th A||Amy 2, Daniel 1|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Ice by the Pound Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Fish by the Barrel Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 21|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • China • Indonesia • Bangladesh • Turkey • Russia • Netherlands • Spain • France|
|Teams||Abbie & Ryan • Amy & Daniel • Caitlin & Brittany • Gary & Will • James & Abba • Jaymes & James • Josh & Brent • Natalie & Nadiya • Rob & Kelley • Rob & Sheila • Trey & Lexi|