The Amazing Race 20 Leg 8
|Starting Line||Simba-B Campsite|
|Pit Stop||Lake Manyara|
|Winners||Bopper & Mark|
|Last Place||Nary & Jamie|
- Ngorongoro, Tanzania
- Distance: 1.92 miles
Teams would get to ride in their safari vehicles through a scenic drive in the crater en route to their next destination.
Hillary Clington Shop
- Distance: 14.4 miles
Teams retrieved their Detour information from this shop.
Village Well / Kona Ya Mbulu
- Distance: 0.37 miles/0.63 miles
- Water Supply: Teams would pick up nine empty water jugs and would be tasked with the simple task of filling them all with water from the local well. However, they would have to wait in line amongst the other villagers who wanted water, which could take a very long time.
- Air Supply: Teams would have to repair a flat bicycle tire at Kona Ya Mbulu. They had to take the tire off of the wheel and use a bucket of water to identify where the leak was. They would then patch it, put it back on the wheel, and inflate it. Once the tire passed a test by a local villager, teams would get their next clue.
- Bopper & Mark, Brendon & Rachel, Nary & Jamie, Rachel & Dave, Vanessa & Ralph
Jack Stelzer Pub
- Distance from Village Well: 0.46 miles
- Distance from Kona Ya Mbulu: 0.55 miles
- Art & JJ ⊃ Brendon & Rachel ⋑ Vanessa & Ralph
The Gem Gallery & Arts
- Mto wa Mbu
- Distance: 9.43 miles
Speed Bump: While other teams found a clue here and departed, Nary & Jamie would have to perform this extra task. They would have to properly set up a display stand so that it matched a given painting as a model, using paintings and decorative rugs. Once it matched, they could continue with the race.
- Mto wa Mbu
- Distance: 3.44 miles
Roadblock: When teams arrived at this apiary, they found a Roadblock. To bee or not to bee. The chosen team member had to put on a protective beekeeper outfit, and had to harvest 500g of honeycomb from a beehive full of African Bees. They could exchange the honeycomb for their next clue.
- Art, Mark, Rachel, Nary, Dave, Ralph
- Distance: 1.17 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Hanalei Bay, Hawaii
|Bopper & Mark||2nd||2nd||1st B||1st||2nd||1st||1st||Bopper 3, Mark 4|
|Rachel & Dave||1st||1st||2nd B||2nd||1st||2nd||2nd||Rachel 3, Dave 3|
|Art & JJ||3rd||3rd||3rd A||3rd||3rd||3rd||3rd||Art 3, JJ 3|
|Brendon & Rachel||4th||4th||4th B||4th||4th||4th||4th||Brendon 3, Rachel 4|
|Vanessa & Ralph||5th||5th||5th B||5th||5th||5th||5th||Vanessa 3, Ralph 4|
|Nary & Jamie||6th||6th||6th B||6th||6th||6th||6th||Nary 4, Jamie 3|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Water Supply Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Air Supply Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 20|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Argentina • Paraguay • Italy • Austria • Germany • Azerbaijan • Tanzania • India • Japan|
|Teams||Art & JJ • Bopper & Mark • Brendon & Rachel • Dave & Cherie • Elliot & Andrew • Joey "Fitness" & Danny • Kerri & Stacy • Misa & Maiya • Nary & Jamie • Rachel & Dave • Vanessa & Ralph|