The Amazing Race 1 Leg 9
|Starting Line||Laxmi Niwas Palace|
|Pit Stop||Tiger Cave Temple|
|Winners||Rob & Brennan|
|Last Place||Nancy & Emily|
Indira Gandhi International Airport
- Delhi, India
- Distance: 233 miles
Teams needed to depart from Delhi's international airport. It was up to them whether they wished to travel by train or bus from Bikaner to reach Delhi.
Don Mueang International Airport
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Distance: 1814 miles
Temple of the Reclining Buddha
- Distance: +13.8 miles
Fast Forward: Teams needed to participate in a coin-tossing ritual to win the Fast Forward. They had to pick a bowl of coins from a table and then drop one coin into each of the urns next to the large Buddha statue. If they picked a bowl with 108 coins in it, one for each urn exactly, they would be successful.
- Joe & Bill
Temple of Dawn
- Distance: 14.1 miles
- Public: Teams simply traveled by public bus, using their own funds, from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi.
- Kevin & Drew, Rob & Brennan
- Private: Teams were given a license plate number and a square area of neighborhood. Teams had to search within the boundaries of this marked area for a private car with a matching license plate. If they found it, they would be driven for free to Kanchanaburi.
- Frank & Margarita
- Distance: 88.3 miles
Roadblock: After disembarking from their public bus or private car in Kanchanaburi, teams traveled by taxi to the Monastery, where they found a Roadblock. Who is definitely a cat lover? The chosen team member had to dress like a monk for safety, and then walk through a pit of tigers to retrieve their next clue from the other side.
- Frank, Drew, Emily, Rob
Tiger Cave Temple
- Distance: 412 miles
|Rob & Brennan||3rd||D||1st||2nd A||2nd||1st||Rob 4, Brennan 4|
|Frank & Margarita||2nd||C||2nd||1st B||1st||2nd||Frank 6, Margarita 2|
|Kevin & Drew||1st||A||3rd||3rd A||3rd||3rd||Kevin 4, Drew 4|
|Joe & Bill||4th||B||5th||5thƒ||5thƒ||4thƒ||Joe 5, Bill 3|
|Nancy & Emily||5th||D||4th||4th||4th||5th||Nancy 2, Emily 7|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Public Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Private Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 1|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13|
|Countries||United States • South Africa • Zambia • France • Tunisia • Italy • India • Thailand • China|
|Teams||Dave & Margaretta • Frank & Margarita • Joe & Bill • Kevin & Drew • Kim & Leslie • Lenny & Karyn • Matt & Ana • Nancy & Emily • Pat & Brenda • Paul & Amie • Rob & Brennan|