The Amazing Race 1 Leg 8
|Starting Line||Taj Khema Hotel|
|Pit Stop||Laxmi Niwas Palace|
|Winners||Kevin & Drew|
|Last Place||Nancy & Emily|
- Agra, India
- Distance: 0.27 miles
Teams' first task was to enter the grounds of the Taj Mahal and search for their next clue, which was hidden somewhere. Teams had to pay a hefty entrance fee to get in, and were prohibited from running while inside. The clue was located quite far from the actual building, on a bench on the southeast side of the grounds.
- Distance: +138 miles
Fast Forward: Teams wishing to pursue the Fast Forward made their way to this large sundial, where they would have to climb up 33 steps to find the Fast Forward clue at the top. This task was unaired.
Palace of the Winds
- Distance: 138 miles
Teams had to travel almost 150 miles from Agra to find the Palace of the Winds in Jaipur. There, they had to enter the palace and find a room that was marked with a flag from the outside. Here, they would find their Detour clue.
Amber Fort/Jal Mahal
- Distance: 4.51 miles/2.36 miles
- Elephant: Teams made their way to the Amber Fort and got to ride an elephant up to the higher parts of the fort, where they would get their next clue form a holy man. The elephants moved slowly, however.
- Nancy & Emily, Rob & Brennan
- Rowboat: Teams traveled to the water palace known as Jal Mahal, where they had be rowed in a boat to the fort. Again, they would need to find a holy man to get their next clue.
- Frank & Margarita, Joe & Bill, Kevin & Drew
Jaipur Railway Station
- Distance from Amber Fort: 5.98 miles
- Distance from Jal Mahal: 4.33 miles
Teams then had to travel by train from Jaipur to Bikaner, more than 200 miles away. Only two trains a day departed from Jaipur for the desert outpost.
Bikaner Railway Station
- Distance: 169 miles
- Distance: 15.4 miles
Roadblock: Once teams traveled by taxi to the Karni Mata temple in Deshnoke, they found a Roadblock. Who wants to put on some extra socks? Karni Mata is known as a temple devoted to the worship of rats, and the chosen team member would have to enter the temple with no shoes on. They had to search through the rat-infested temple to find their next clue hidden away.
- Margarita, Bill, Kevin, Emily, Brennan
Laxmi Niwas Palace
- Distance: 17.1 miles
43px Pit Stop: This was a non-elimination leg. There was no penalty for the last place team.
|Kevin & Drew||4th||4th||4th||4th B||A||2nd||3rd||1st||Kevin 4, Drew 3|
|Frank & Margarita||1st||1st||2nd||1st B||1st||1st||2nd||Frank 5, Margarita 2|
|Rob & Brennan||3rd||3rd||1st||2nd A||3rd||2nd||3rd||Rob 3, Brennan 4|
|Joe & Bill||2nd||2nd||3rd||3rd B||B||4th||4th||4th||Joe 5, Bill 3|
|Nancy & Emily||5th||5th||5th||5th A||5th||5th||5th||Nancy 2, Emily 6|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Elephant Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Rowboat Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 1|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13|
|Countries||United States • South Africa • Zambia • France • Tunisia • Italy • India • Thailand • China|
|Teams||Dave & Margaretta • Frank & Margarita • Joe & Bill • Kevin & Drew • Kim & Leslie • Lenny & Karyn • Matt & Ana • Nancy & Emily • Pat & Brenda • Paul & Amie • Rob & Brennan|