The Amazing Race 1 Leg 6
|Pit Stop||Town Square|
|Winners||Frank & Margarita|
|Last Place||Lenny & Karyn|
- Distance: 67.8 miles
Due to an approaching sandstorm, it became too dangerous to stay at the Ksar Ghilane Pit Stop. Teams were evacuated to Gabès, where they departed from an undisclosed location on the streets.
- Distance: 208 miles
The teams' first task was to travel more than 250 miles by taxi back to Tunis and had to find their next clue at the Palace Hotel.
Tunis-Carthage International Airport
- Distance: 5.95 miles
Teams were permitted to take any flight or flight combination possible to travel from Tunis to Rome. This proved to be substantially difficult due to a major airport strike in Rome that was occurring at the time. So much so, that teams were permitted to travel by plane and train to get to Rome.
Leonardo Da Vinci International Airport
- Rome, Italy
- Distance: 358 miles
- Distance: 13.9 miles
The clue received earlier at the Palace Hotel was an image of the Roman Colosseum with a specific area marked. Teams had to get to the roof of a nearby building, matching the are marked in the photo, to find their next clue atop an Italian Vespa.
Roseta di Roma Capitale
- Distance: +0.59 miles
Fast Forward: The Fast Forward required teams to visit here and find a keyhole in a stone structure, through which the entirity of the Vatican City could be seen. This task was not aired, as no-one attempted it.
Palazzo dei Conservatori/Altare della Patria
- Distance: 0.57 miles
- Foot: Teams received an image of a statue of a foot. This statue is quite well known, and would lead teams to its location in the Palazzo dei Conservatori, where teams would find their next clue.
- Lenny & Karyn
- Hoof: Teams received a partial picture of a statue of a horse. The image only showed the horse's hoof. Teams had to figure out that it belonged to the horseman statue located at Altare della Patria. However, to compensate for this task's increased difficulty, a number of taxis were hired and were waiting just outside the plaza for teams that completed this task.
- Frank & Margarita, Joe & Bill, Kevin & Drew, Nancy & Emily, Rob & Brennan
Roma Termini railway station
- Distance: 1.17 miles
Teams were told to travel by train to the station at Modena by connecting through Bologna. Teams were only permitted to completely disembark once they reached Castelfranco Emilia.
- Distance: 200 miles
Pagani Auto Factory
- Distance: 1.45 miles
Roadblock: Teams received their next clue at the factory, which was a Roadblock. Who likes to take things slowly? The chosen team member received a rudimentary map that was written entirely in Italian and were instructed to drive a small, electric car through the Italian back streets to find the Pit Stop. Meanwhile, their partner would be driven here in an Italian sports car that would be driving 180 mph.
- Frank, Joe, Drew, Karyn, Nancy, Brennan
Town Square, Sant'Agata Bolognese
- Distance: 7.18 miles
|Frank & Margarita||5th||5th||D||6th||5th||3rd B||A||1st||1st||Frank 5, Margarita 1|
|Joe & Bill||2nd||1st||B||2nd||3rd||2nd B||2nd||2nd||Joe 4, Bill 2|
|Rob & Brennan||4th||6th||C||3rd||1st||4th B||3rd||3rd||Rob 2, Brennan 3|
|Kevin & Drew||1st||2nd||4th||4th||5th B||4th||4th||Kevin 2, Drew 3|
|Nancy & Emily||3rd||3rd||5th||2nd||6th B||5th||5th||Nancy 1, Emily 5|
|Lenny & Karyn||6th||4th||A||1st||6th||1st A||B||6th||6th||Lenny 2, Karyn 4|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Foot Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Hoof Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 1|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13|
|Countries||United States • South Africa • Zambia • France • Tunisia • Italy • India • Thailand • China|
|Teams||Dave & Margaretta • Frank & Margarita • Joe & Bill • Kevin & Drew • Kim & Leslie • Lenny & Karyn • Matt & Ana • Nancy & Emily • Pat & Brenda • Paul & Amie • Rob & Brennan|