The Amazing Race 19 Leg 9
|Starting Line||Havet Ship|
|Pit Stop||Parc Elisabeth|
|Winners||Amani & Marcus|
|Last Place||Bill & Cathi|
Statue of Hans Christian Andersen
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Distance: 1.12 miles
Roadblock: On the streets by this statue, teams found a Roadblock. Who's ready to take a fairy tale ride? The chosen team member had to memorize a poem that was written at the base of Andersen's statue. They would then choose a bike with a map embedded in one of the wheels, which would direct them 0.39 miles to Teatermuseet i Hofteatret where they would perform the poem for a judge. They had to make sure to perform the poem with enough dramatic flair, or they would not receive the clue. Upon failure, either by misquoting the poem or not having enough dramatics, teams would have to return to the statue before they could try again. If they succeeded, they would get their next clue.
- Amani, Tommy, Cathi, Cindy, Sandy
- Distance: 135 miles
Teams had to get into a spinning teacups ride called the Pirate Carousel and would have to piece together a puzzle made of Lego pieces. The puzzle would reveal a picture of their next destination. However, teams needed to finish assembling the puzzle before the ride finished moving.
- Hamburg, Germany
- Distance: 155 miles
Teams had to drive all the way here, where they would find their next clue. They would then travel by train to reach their next destination.
Brussels-South Railway Station
- Brussels, Belgium
- Distance: 305 miles
European Parliament Building
- Distance: 1.74 miles
Teams retrieved their next clue from in front of this impressive building.
- Distance: 0.27 miles
- Bodybuilding Pose-down: Teams had to put on bikinis and cover themselves in posing oil. They would then have to learn a series of bodybuilding poses and perform them for a series of judges alongside some professional bodybuilders. If the judges gave them a combined score of 12 or more, they would get their next clue. As all teams chose this option, this was not presented as a Detour on air, but rather an additional task.
- Amani & Marcus, Andy & Tommy, Bill & Cathi, Ernie & Cindy, Jeremy & Sandy
- There was a second option that no teams took involving Tintin. It was incorporated into leg 11 instead.
- Distance: 2.64 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Panama
|Amani & Marcus||4th||4th||2nd||2nd||3rd||A||4th||1st A||1st||Amani 5, Marcus 5|
|Ernie & Cindy||1st||1st||1st||1st||1st||3rd||2nd A||2nd||Ernie 5, Cindy 5|
|Jeremy & Sandy||5th||5th||5th||4th||4th||5th||3rd A||3rd||Jeremy 5, Sandy 5|
|Andy & Tommy||3rd||3rd||4th||3rd||2nd||2nd||4th A||4th||Andy 5, Tommy 5|
|Bill & Cathi||2nd||2nd||3rd||5th||5th||1st||5th A||5th||Bill 5, Cathi 5|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Bodybuilding Pose-down Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the the unaired Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a no-rest leg.
|The Amazing Race 19|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Taiwan • Indonesia • Thailand • Malawi • Denmark • Germany • Belgium • Netherlands • Panama|
|Teams||Amani & Marcus • Andy & Tommy • Bill & Cathi • Ernie & Cindy • Ethan & Jenna • Jeremy & Sandy • Justin & Jennifer • Kaylani & Lisa • Laurence & Zac • Liz & Marie • Ron & Bill|