The Amazing Race 18 Leg 3
|Starting Line||Central Railway Station|
|Pit Stop||Commodore Perry Monument|
|Winners||Zev & Justin|
|Last Place||Mel & Mike|
Central Railway Station
- Haymarket, Australia
- Pit Start
During the Pit Stop, teams returned by train from Broken Hill to Sydney. Teams departed from here.
- Distance: 4.66 miles
Narita International Airport
- Tokyo, Japan
- Distance: 4846 miles
Rotating Parking Garage
- Distance: 38.9 miles
Teams had to enter this intricate parking garage, designed to store many vehicles in a confined space by use of rotating platforms, and retrieve the vehicle that they would use for the remainder of their stay in Japan.
- Distance: 24.7 miles
Roadblock : Teams had to find Yabusame Dojo, where they would find a Roadblock. Who wants to go back a thousand years in time? The chosen team member would have to dress as a samurai archer, and learn the Yabusame ritual of meditative posing. They would then ride a rotating saddle and perform some more posing with a bow, and would then hit a wooden target with an arrow. They would get their next clue if successful.
- Flight Time, Gary, Jaime, Cord, Kent, Jen, Luke, Mike, Ron, Justin
- Distance: 25.6 miles
Teams had to find the Kintarō Statue here, where they would retrieve their Detour information.
Yuhi Falls / Madarame Farm
- Distance: 4.14 miles/1.99 miles
- Prayer of Purity: Teams had to find Yuhi Falls, where they would put on keikogi robes. They would participate in a Shinto cleansing ritual involving lighting incense, chanting, and sitting below the raging waters of the waterfalls for a full minute. If they would handle the frigid temperatures of the water, they would receive their next clue.
- Flight Time & Big Easy, Ron & Christina
- Frog of Luck: At the farm, teams had to strip down and put on only a fundoshi undergarment. They would have to search through cold muddy fields for a tiny toy frog while locals would pelt them with mud. They could exchange the frog for their next clue.
- Gary & Mallory, Jaime & Cara, Jet & Cord, Kent & Vyxsin, Kisha & Jen, Margie & Luke, Mel & Mike (not completed), Zev & Justin
Commodore Perry Monument
- Distance from Yuhi Falls: 39 miles
- Distance from Madarame Farm: 34.5 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to the Hotel Punta Islita in Costa Rica
|Zev & Justin||1st||B||10th||5th||2nd||1st||1st B||1st||Zev 0, Justin 2|
|Gary & Mallory||9th||A||1st||2nd||3rd||2nd||2nd B||2nd||Gary 1, Mallory 1|
|Ron & Christina||10th||4th||1st||5th||4th||4th A||3rd||Ron 1, Christina 1|
|Kisha & Jen||4th||2nd||4th||1st||5th||5th B||4th||Kisha 1, Jen 1|
|Flight Time & Big Easy||2nd||3rd||3rd||4th||3rd||3rd A||5th||Flight Time 2, Big Easy 0|
|Jet & Cord||3rd||5th||9th||7th||7th||6th B||6th||Jet 1, Cord 1|
|Kent & Vyxsin||7th||B||8th||6th||8th||8th||7th B||7th||Kent 1, Vyxsin 1|
|Margie & Luke||5th||6th||8th||6th||6th||8th B||8th||Margie 1, Luke 1|
|Jaime & Cara||8th||9th||10th||10th||10th||9th B||9th||Jaime 1, Cara 1|
|Mel & Mike||6th||7th||7th||9th||9th||
|10th||Mel 1, Mike 1|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Prayer of Purity Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Frog of Luck Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 18|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Australia • Japan • China • India • Austria • Liechtenstein • Switzerland • Brazil|
|Teams||Amanda & Kris • Flight Time & Big Easy • Gary & Mallory • Jaime & Cara • Jet & Cord • Kent & Vyxsin • Kisha & Jen • Margie & Luke • Mel & Mike • Ron & Christina • Zev & Justin|