The Amazing Race 18 Leg 10
|Pit Stop||Chalet Gädi|
|Winners||Flight Time & Big Easy|
|Last Place||Kent & Vyxsin|
Air Zermatt Rescue Helicopter Port
- Zermatt, Switzerland
- Distance: 0.83 miles
Here, teams would sign up for one of five helicopter flights that would take them to their next destination. Each flight would depart five minutes apart. Teams would also receive their Detour information from here.
- Pennine Alps
- Distance: 3.1 miles
- Search: Teams would receive an avalanche beacon and had to use it to search for a mannequin buried in the snow. They would have to dig through the thick snow to retrieve the entire dummy before receiving their next clue.
- Gary & Mallory, Zev & Justin
- Rescue: Teams would have to use a special hoisting device to descend into a crevasse in the glacier and rescue a man trapped down there. One team member controlled the device, while the other was lowered into the crevasse. Once the man was hitched up and brought back to safety, teams would receive their next clue.
- Flight Time & Big Easy, Kent & Vyxsin, Kisha & Jen
- Distance: 3.97 miles
Teams would return by helicopter to here from the top of the glacier, where they would take a train to return to the city of Zermatt.
Zermatt Railway Station
- Distance: 1.41 miles
Le Petit Cervin
- Distance: 0.25 miles
Roadblock: When teams made their way to this culinary establishment, they found a Roadblock. Who wants to make a new friend? The chosen team member would have to, from scratch, make a life-size Travelocity Roaming Gnome out of Swiss Chocolate. They would decorate a mold with colored chocolate, fill it with Swiss Chocolate, and let it sit in the snow outside to harden it. Once they removed the mold and fixed any imperfections, they would receive an actual Roaming Gnome with the Pit Stop location on its base.
- Flight Time, Mallory, Vyxsin, Jen, Zev
- Distance: 0.71 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to the Cook Islands
|Flight Time & Big Easy||5th||5th||3rd B||A||2nd||2nd||1st||Flight Time 5, Big Easy 4|
|Kisha & Jen||2nd||2nd||1st B||4th||3rd||2nd||Kisha 4, Jen 5|
|Gary & Mallory||4th||3rd||4th A||3rd||4th||3rd||Gary 5, Mallory 4|
|Zev & Justin||1st||1st||5th A||B||5th||5th||4th||Zev 4, Justin 5|
|Kent & Vyxsin||3rd||4th||2nd B||A||1st||1st||5th||Kent 4, Vyxsin 5|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Search Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Rescue Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 18|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Australia • Japan • China • India • Austria • Liechtenstein • Switzerland • Brazil|
|Teams||Amanda & Kris • Flight Time & Big Easy • Gary & Mallory • Jaime & Cara • Jet & Cord • Kent & Vyxsin • Kisha & Jen • Margie & Luke • Mel & Mike • Ron & Christina • Zev & Justin|