The Amazing Race 17 Leg 8
|Starting Line||Peter and Paul Fortress|
|Pit Stop||Al Alam Palace|
|Winners||Chad & Stephanie|
|Last Place||Gary & Mallory|
- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Distance: 10.6 miles
Muscat International Airport
- Muscat, Oman
- Distance: 2843 miles
- Distance: 18.9 miles
Teams needed to find the Burj Al Mubkharah (Portuguese Watertower) and would receive a silver ingot, stamped with an entry time the following morning. When their time arrived, teams could climb to the top to receive their next clue.
- Al Hamra
- Distance: 87.3 miles
Roadblock: Once teams found the bottom of this mountain, they would be taken up by a driver, and would then find a Roadblock. Who wants to add a little magic to their life? The chosen team member would have to rappel 500 feet off of the mountain to a cliffside below, where they would find hundreds of oil lamps. They needed to search amongst them for one with Aladdin's magic ring hidden inside. They then had to follow a path back up to the top and exchange the ring for their next clue.
- Claire, Chad, Mallory, Jill, Kat, Vicki
Stack of Books Monument
- Distance: 26.3 miles
- Water Table: Teams made their way to a well located underneath a nearby bridge, where they would pump water from it into a water truck. They would then have to drive the truck to the nearby neighborhood of Aswat Al Eid to deliver the water. They would then get their next clue.
- Brook & Claire, Chad & Stephanie, Gary & Mallory, Jill & Thomas, Nat & Kat, Nick & Vicki
- Wedding Table: Teams made their way to a nearby neighborhood market and had to purchase the ingredients needed to make the traditional Omani dish maqbous, including 25 chickens. Once they delivered them to a local wedding party and had the chef prepare the dish, they would receive their next clue.
- Distance: 80.8 miles
Teams had to search this marketplace for the frankincense vendor to receive some frankincense, and then had to search for a man dressed as Ali Baba, and exchange it for their next clue.
Al Alam Palace
- Distance: 1.95 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Belize
|Chad & Stephanie||6th||C||4th||1st||1st||2nd A||2nd||1st||Chad 5, Stephanie 3|
|Jill & Thomas||5th||B||3rd||2nd||2nd||1st A||1st||2nd||Jill 4, Thomas 4|
|Nick & Vicki||3rd||5th||3rd||4th||4th A||3rd||3rd||Nick 5, Vicki 3|
|Brook & Claire||2nd||A||1st||4th||3rd||3rd A||4th||4th||Brook 4, Claire 4|
|Nat & Kat||1st||2nd||5th||5th||5th A||5th||5th||Nat 3, Kat 4|
|Gary & Mallory||4th||B||6th||6th||6th||6th A||6th||6th||Gary 4, Mallory 4|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Water Table Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Wedding Table Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 17|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • United Kingdom (England) • Ghana • Sweden • Norway • Russia • Oman • Bangladesh • Hong Kong • South Korea|
|Teams||Andie & Jenna • Brook & Claire • Chad & Stephanie • Connor & Jonathan • Gary & Mallory • Jill & Thomas • Katie & Rachel • Michael & Kevin • Nat & Kat • Nick & Vicki • Ron & Tony|