The Amazing Race 17 Leg 4
|Starting Line||Home of Awusa Ntso|
|Pit Stop||Swedish–Norwegian Border|
|Winners||Nat & Kat|
|Last Place||Connor & Jonathan|
Kotoka International Airport
- Accra, Ghana
- Distance: 23.3 miles
- Kiruna, Sweden
- Distance: 4398 miles
This is the Race's first visit to a location above the Arctic Circle.
- Distance: 7.12 miles
Speed Bump: While other teams simply retrieved their clue and departed, Michael & Kevin had to sit upon a chair made of frigid ice for 10 uninterrupted minutes to get their clue.
- Distance: 4.85 miles
Roadblock: Once teams made their way to this wilderness lodge, they found a Roadblock. Who's feeling kind of mushy? The chosen team member would have to choose a team of sled dogs and take them on a summer training exercise. They would guide the dogs around a marked course as they pulled a wheeled sled. They would have to collect five flags along the way, which they would trade for fur pelts at the end of the course. When they returned to the beginning, they could exchange the fur for their next clue.
- Claire, Stephanie, Connor, Mallory, Jill, Katie, Michael, Kat, Nick
Vassijaure Train Station
- Distance: 69.2 miles
Teams retrieved their Detour information from here.
Riksgränsen Ski Resort
- Distance: 3.39 miles
- Sleds: Teams would have to use a pair of TechSleds to race down a mountain tobogganing course in less than 1 minute and 58 seconds. If they succeeded, they would get their next clue, but if they failed they would have to climb back up and try again.
- Brook & Claire, Gary & Mallory, Nat & Kat, Nick & Vicki
- Beds: Teams would have to build a traditional Sami dwelling known as a goahti. Once it was properly built, they would furnish it with furs and build a fire. If everything was perfect, they would get their next clue.
- Distance: 0.94 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Belize
|Nat & Kat||8th||A||1st||4th||4th||2nd||1st A||1st||Nat 2, Kat 2|
|Gary & Mallory||2nd||3rd||2nd||3rd||3rd||3rd A||2nd||Gary 2, Mallory 2|
|Brook & Claire||6th||2nd||3rd||2nd||4th||2nd A||3rd||Brook 2, Claire 2|
|Michael & Kevin||9th||4th||1st||1st||1st||4th B||4th||Michael 2, Kevin 2|
|Jill & Thomas||7th||B||7th||9th||9th||9th||5th B ε||5th||Jill 2, Thomas 2|
|Nick & Vicki||5th||8th||8th||6th||8th||6th A||6th||Nick 3, Vicki 1|
|Chad & Stephanie||3rd||9th||6th||8th||6th||7th B||7th||Chad 3, Stephanie 1|
|Katie & Rachel||4th||5th||7th||7th||7th||8th B||8th||Katie 2, Rachel 2|
|Connor & Jonathan||1st||6th||5th||5th||5th||9th B||9th||Connor 4, Jonathan 0|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Sleds Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Beds Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
- An ε indicates that the team used the Express Pass.
|The Amazing Race 17|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • United Kingdom (England) • Ghana • Sweden • Norway • Russia • Oman • Bangladesh • Hong Kong • South Korea|
|Teams||Andie & Jenna • Brook & Claire • Chad & Stephanie • Connor & Jonathan • Gary & Mallory • Jill & Thomas • Katie & Rachel • Michael & Kevin • Nat & Kat • Nick & Vicki • Ron & Tony|