The Amazing Race 16 Leg 8
|Starting Line||Paradise Sun Hotel|
|Pit Stop||Pinang Peranakan Mansion|
|Winners||Jet & Cord|
|Last Place||Steve & Allie|
- Praslin to Victoria, Seychelles
- Distance: 31.1 miles
Teams had to return to the island of Mahé before departing the country.
Seychelles International Airport
- Distance: 5.62 miles
Penang International Airport
- George Town, Malaysia
- Distance: 3167 miles
- Bayan Lepas
- Distance: 1.35 miles
Teams had to retrieve their Detour information from a clue box surrounded by live snakes.
Tien Kong Than Buddhist Temple / Padang Kota Lama Park
- Air Itam / George Town
- Distance: 5.87 miles/6.32 miles
- Buddhist Tradition: Teams had to find the Buddhist Temple, where they would find a series of heavy joss sticks. Teams had to carry them up the stairs of the temple and arrange them in the proper order. After lighting the sticks, they would receive their next clue.
- Brent & Caite, Carol & Brandy, Dan & Jordan, Louie & Michael, Steve & Allie
- Chinese Custom: Teams made their way to the park, where they would participate in a Chinese New Year tradition of Chingay. They would each have to balance very large flags on their heads and run across an esplanade to receive their next clue. If they dropped the flags, they would have to start again.
- Jet & Cord
Tropical Spice Garden
- Teluk Bahang
- Distance: +0.96 miles
Speed Bump: Before being able to complete the Roadblock, Jet & Cord had to make their way here. They would find a woman crushing spices and had to use their sense of smell to choose the tea that was made from the right spices, then deliver it to a guru in the park. If they chose the right tea, they could continue with the race.
Kuil Sri Singamuga Kaliamman
- Teluk Bahang
- Distance from Tien Kong Than Buddhist Temple: 5.84 miles
- Distance from Padang Kota Lama Park: 9.14 miles
Roadblock: When teams found this local establishment, they found a Roadblock. Whose life could use a splash of color? The chosen team member had to break open coconuts from a large pile until they found one with colored milk. They then had to use it to create a floating Hindu offering by following a given model. If the Gurukkal approved, he would send it out to sea and give teams their next clue.
- Caite, Carol, Jordan, Jet, Louie, Allie
Pinang Peranakan Mansion
- George Town
- Distance: 9.15 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Maui, Hawaii
|Jet & Cord||6th||A||6th||1st B||1st||1st||Jet 3, Cord 4|
|Carol & Brandy||5th||4th||3rd A||2nd||2nd||Carol 3, Brandy 4|
|Louie & Michael||4th||5th||4th A||3rd||3rd||Louie 4, Michael 3|
|Brent & Caite||3rd||2nd||2nd A||4th||4th||Brent 4, Caite 3|
|Dan & Jordan||2nd||1st||5th A||5th||5th||Dan 3, Jordan 4|
|Steve & Allie||1st||3rd||6th A||6th||6th||Steve 4, Allie 3|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Buddhist Tradition Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Chinese Custom Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 16|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Chile • Argentina • Germany • France • Seychelles • Malaysia • Singapore • China|
|Teams||Brent & Caite • Carol & Brandy • Dan & Jordan • Dana & Adrian • Jet & Cord • Jody & Shannon • Joe & Heidi • Jordan & Jeff • Louie & Michael • Monique & Shawne • Steve & Allie|