The Amazing Race 16 Leg 3
|Starting Line||Iglesia del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús|
|Pit Stop||Estancia Fortin Chacabuco|
|Winners||Jet & Cord|
|Last Place||Monique & Shawne|
Teams had to cross the Andes mountains by bus, but were not told which bus terminal they had to depart from. Some teams departed from the Del Salvador Bus Station, while some departed from the Cruz del Sur Bus Terminal. The first clue they received was a picture of their next destination, featuring Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, with the Travelocity Roaming Gnome photoshopped on.
El Boliche Viejo
- San Carlos de Bariloche
- Distance: 1.1 miles
Teams would have to play a game of five-card stud against a Travelocity Roaming Gnome here. Once they were victorious, they would receive the gnome with their next clue on the base.
- San Carlos de Bariloche
- Distance: 0.11 miles
Roadblock: At this ranch, teams encountered a Roadblock. Who's ready to get roped in? The chosen team member had to perform one of the most difficult gaucho activity. They would have to choose a roping station and had to attempt to rope a hay bale with steer horns on it from a distance of 18 feet distance. If they could get it, they could pull it to them and take their next clue from it.
- Brent, Carol, Dan, Jet, Heidi, Jeff, Louie, Shawne, Steve
- Distance: 9 miles
- Horse Sense: Teams had to visit a gunslinger located on the railroad and receive a set of directional coordinates. Then, using an old compass, they had to follow these coordinates by counting out a specific number of steps to find a stolen bag of money buried in the ground. They had to deliver this bad to the gang leader, who was at the nearby train station. If the numbers on the bag matched with the ones on the coordinates list, they would receive a coin with the name of the Pit Stop on it.
- Jordan & Jeff, Monique & Shawne
- Horse Power: Teams had to go to a nearby polo training field and dress in proper polo attire. Then, while riding and moving a wooden practice pony along the field, and taking turns, they had to score a goal using a maximum of 9 swings. If they succeeded, they would receive a cup with the name of the Pit Stop.
- Brent & Caite, Carol & Brandy, Dan & Jordan, Jet & Cord, Joe & Heidi, Louie & Michael, Steve & Allie
Estancia Fortín Chacabuco
- Distance: 7.57 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Patagonia
|Jet & Cord||1st||A||2nd||3rd||3rd||1st||1st||1st B||1st||Jet 1, Cord 2|
|Steve & Allie||6th||B||5th||5th||5th||5th||5th||2nd B||2nd||Steve 2, Allie 1|
|Carol & Brandy||3rd||A||3rd||2nd||2nd||2nd||2nd||3rd B||3rd||Carol 2, Brandy 1|
|Joe & Heidi||2nd||1st||1st||1st||3rd||4th||4th B||4th||Joe 1, Heidi 2|
|Jordan & Jeff||5th||B||4th||4th||4th||4th||3rd||5th A||5th||Jordan 1, Jeff 2|
|Dan & Jordan||7th||8th||8th||8th||6th||6th||6th B||6th||Dan 2, Jordan 1|
|Brent & Caite||9th||9th||9th||9th||8th||8th||7th B||7th||Brent 2, Caite 1|
|Louie & Michael||8th||7th||7th||7th||7th||7th||8th B||8th||Louie 2, Michael 1|
|Monique & Shawne||4th||6th||6th||6th||9th||9th||9th A||9th||Monique 1, Shawne 2|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Horse Sense Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Horse Power Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 16|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Chile • Argentina • Germany • France • Seychelles • Malaysia • Singapore • China|
|Teams||Brent & Caite • Carol & Brandy • Dan & Jordan • Dana & Adrian • Jet & Cord • Jody & Shannon • Joe & Heidi • Jordan & Jeff • Louie & Michael • Monique & Shawne • Steve & Allie|