The Amazing Race 14 Leg 9
|Starting Line||Phaya Thai Palace|
|Pit Stop||Sun and Moon Pagodas|
|Winners||Kisha & Jen|
|Last Place||Mark & Michael|
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Distance: 15.6 miles
Guilin Liangjiang International Airport
- Guilin, People's Republic of China
- Distance: 1007 miles
Peak of the Luminous Moon
- Folded Brocade Mountains, Guilin
- Distance: 6.95 miles
Teams had to climb to the top of this mountain and strike the "Drum of Life" to get their next clue. However, this task was not aired and teams were not shown traveling to this location.
Qing Xiu Lu Hair Salon
- Distance: 2.11 miles
Speed Bump: Mark & Michael had to enter this hair salon, where they would wash and dry the hair of two waiting female patrons. Once the women were satisfied with their work, they could continue with the race. All other teams simply picked up a clue and departed.
# 24 Bridge
- Li River, Guilin
- Distance: 1.34 miles
Roadblock: In the area below this bridge, teams found a Roadblock. Who's ready for some fowl play? The chosen team member had ride out onto the river on a bamboo raft and help train a cormorant to fetch fish. After they threw 10 fish into the water, and the cormorant brought all of them back, they would receive their next clue.
- Jaime, Jen, Luke, Michael, Tammy
Ancient South Gate
- Distance: 0.7 miles
- Choreography: Teams would have to learn and perform a traditional two-person Chinese dance. If they could perform the dance perfectly with a group of couples, they would receive their next clue.
- Jaime & Cara, Mark & Michael
- Calligraphy: Teams would have to circle the lake and find a series of four stations. At each station, they would have to use traditional ink to perfectly recreate a Chinese character. If they wrote it correctly, they would get their paper stamped. Once teams acquired four stamps, they could trade in their paper for their next clue.
- Kisha & Jen, Margie & Luke, Tammy & Victor
Sun and Moon Pagodas
- Distance: 0.49 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Barbados
|Kisha & Jen||4th||A||4th||3rd||1st||1st||3rd B||1st||Kisha 4, Jen 4|
|Tammy & Victor||3rd||B||2nd||1st||3rd||4th||1st B||2nd||Tammy 4, Victor 4|
|Margie & Luke||1st||3rd||4th||4th||3rd||2nd B||3rd||Margie 4, Luke 4|
|Jaime & Cara||2nd||1st||2nd||2nd||2nd||4th A||4th||Jaime 5, Cara 3|
|Mark & Michael||5th||C||5th||5th||5th||5th||5th A||5th||Mark 5, Michael 3|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Choreography Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Calligraphy Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg.
|The Amazing Race 14|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Countries||United States • Switzerland • Germany • Austria • Romania • Russia • India • Thailand • China|
|Teams||Amanda & Kris • Brad & Victoria • Christie & Jodi • Jaime & Cara • Kisha & Jen • Margie & Luke • Mark & Michael • Mel & Mike • Preston & Jennifer • Steve & Linda • Tammy & Victor|