The Amazing Race 13 Leg 1
|Starting Line||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum|
|Pit Stop||Forte de São Marcelo|
|Winners||Nick & Starr|
|Last Place||Anita & Arthur|
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Starting Line
The race began with Phil welcoming the eleven teams, explaining the basic rules of the race, and shouting "Go!" In the parking lot, teams found the vehicles that they would use to make their way to the Los Angeles Airport.
Los Angeles International Airport
- Los Angeles
- Distance: 8.49 miles
The first six teams to arrive would receive tickets for the first flight to Brazil. The last five teams would be on the second flight.
Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport
- Salvador, Brazil
- Distance: 6159 miles
o Rei do Pernil Sandwich Shop
- Distance: 13 miles
Here, teams would choose a traditional food-vending cart. They had to wheel it to their next destination without dropping any of the objects on the cart.
Praça da Sé
- Distance: 0.14 miles
Here teams would drop off their food carts and receive their next clue.
19º Batalhão de Caçadores Military Base
- Distance: 1.33 miles
Here, teams would sign up for one of three departure times, all leaving the following morning.
Igreja da Ordem Terceira de São Francisco
- Distance: 1.41 miles
Teams retrieved their Detour information from here.
Escadaria do Passo / Elevador Lacerda
- Distance: 0.27 miles/0.23 miles
- Hard Way Up: Teams had to find Escadaria do Passo and had to climb up a 53-stair staircase on their hands and knees, knowing that a "secret question" at the top. Teams would only know this question once they had climbed the stairs once, and the question turned out to be "how many steps have you climbed?". If they could answer if correctly, they would get their next clue. If not, they would have to climb again.
- Andrew & Dan
- Soft Way Down: Teams made their way to the Lacerda Elevator, a huge 240-foot elevator connecting the upper and lower portions of the city. Teams would have to climb down a cargo net that had been attached to the side, going all the way from the top to the bottom.
- Aja & Ty, Anita & Arthur, Anthony & Stephanie, Kelly & Christy, Ken & Tina, Marisa & Brooke, Mark & Bill, Nick & Starr, Terence & Sarah, Toni & Dallas
Forte de São Marcelo
- Distance from Escadaria do Passo: 0.67 miles
- Distance from Elevador Lacerda: 0.43 miles
- Prize: A trip for two to Belize
|Nick & Starr||1st||A||3rd||3rd||A||2nd||1st B||1st||Nick 0, Starr 0|
|Ken & Tina||1st||4th||4th||4th||2nd B||2nd||Ken 0, Tina 0|
|Terence & Sarah||1st||2nd||1st||1st||3rd B||3rd||Terence 0, Sarah 0|
|Mark & Bill||1st||1st||2nd||3rd||4th B||4th||Mark 0, Bill 0|
|Kelly & Christy||1st||6th||6th||B||5th||5th B||5th||Kelly 0, Christy 0|
|Toni & Dallas||1st||B||9th||9th||C||6th||6th B||6th||Toni 0, Dallas 0|
|Andrew & Dan||1st||7th||7th||B||9th||10th A||7th||Andrew 0, Dan 0|
|Aja & Ty||1st||A||5th||5th||7th||7th B||8th||Aja 0, Ty 0|
|Anthony & Stephanie||1st||B||11th||10th||C||10th||9th B||9th||Anthony 0, Stephanie 0|
|Marisa & Brooke||1st||10th||11th||8th||8th B||10th||Marisa 0, Brooke 0|
|Anita & Arthur||1st||8th||8th||11th||11th B||11th||Anita 0, Arthur 0|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Hard Way Up Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Soft Way Down Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 13|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Countries||United States • Brazil • Bolivia • New Zealand • Cambodia • India • Kazakhstan • Russia|
|Teams||Aja & Ty • Andrew & Dan • Anita & Arthur • Anthony & Stephanie • Kelly & Christy • Ken & Tina • Marisa & Brooke • Mark & Bill • Nick & Starr • Terence & Sarah • Toni & Dallas|