The Amazing Race 10 Leg 1
|Starting Line||Gas Works Park|
|Winners||Tyler & James|
|Last Place||Bilal & Sa'eed|
at Halfway Point
Vipul & Arti
Gas Works Park
- Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Starting Line
The race began with Phil welcoming the twelve teams, explaining the basic rules of the race, and shouting "Go!" In the park's parking lot, teams found the vehicles that they would use to make their way to the Seattle Airport.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Distance: 13.7 miles
The first six teams to arrive at the airport would get tickets on the first flight to Beijing. The other six teams would be on the second flight. However, the first flight ended up being delayed.
Beijing Capital International Airport
- Beijing, People's Republic of China
- Distance: 5407 miles
Gold House Restaurant
- Distance: 16 miles
Roadblock: At this, the race's first destination, teams found a Roadblock. Who's hungry to stay in the race? The chosen team member would have to indulge in a local Chinese delicacy and eat all of the fish eyeballs from a bowl of fish heads.
- Bilal, Mary, Duke, Kandice, Erwin, Jamie, Karlyn, Peter, Rob, Terry, James, Vipul
- Distance: 0.97 miles
Teams needed to find the Meridian Gate of the Forbidden City. There, they had to pull a departure time for the following morning. Four teams would depart at 7:00am, four would depart at 7:15am, and three would depart at 7:30am. The last team to arrive would not be given a departure time and would be eliminated from the race.
North Bank Road
- Houhai, Beijing
- Distance: 2.1 miles
Teams would travel to this destination in motorcycle taxis, though they would have to do all of the navigating on their own.
Run De Li Market / Beihai Park
- Distance: 0.39 miles/1.25 miles
- Labor: Teams traveled to the market, where they had to properly pave a 45-square-foot area of the sidewalk with two specific kinds of bricks. Once they had properly lain the bricks into the proper pattern, teams would receive their next clue.
- David & Mary, Duke & Lauren, Dustin & Kandice, Erwin & Godwin, Lyn & Karlyn, Peter & Sarah, Rob & Kimberly, Tyler & James, Vipul & Arti
- Leisure: Teams traveled to the park and had to participate in Taiji Bailong, a Chinese relaxation exercise. They had to use paddles which carried a ball and follow a series of moves to get their next clue.
- Kellie & Jamie, Tom & Terry
- Great Wall of China, Beijing
- Distance from Run De Li Market: 28.9 miles
- Distance from Beihai Park: 30.2 miles
- Prize: $20,000
|Tyler & James||1st||A||5th||5th||A||4th||1st A||1st||Tyler 0, James 1|
|Duke & Lauren||1st||1st||2nd||2nd||3rd A||2nd||Duke 1, Lauren 0|
|Peter & Sarah||1st||3rd||3rd||1st||2nd A||3rd||Peter 1, Sarah 0|
|Dustin & Kandice||1st||8th||8th||B||5th||5th A||4th||Dustin 0, Kandice 1|
|Rob & Kimberly||1st||B||9th||9th||C||9th||7th A||5th||Rob 1, Kimberly 0|
|Kellie & Jamie||1st||6th||6th||B||7th||9th B||6th||Kellie 0, Jamie 1|
|Erwin & Godwin||1st||12th||12th||C||10th||10th A||7th||Erwin 1, Godwin 0|
|Tom & Terry||1st||7th||7th||B||6th||8th B||8th||Tom 0, Terry 1|
|Lyn & Karlyn||1st||A||2nd||1st||A||3rd||4th A||9th||Lyn 0, Karlyn 1|
|David & Mary||1st||4th||4th||B||8th||6th A||10th||David 0, Mary 1|
|Vipul & Arti||1st||B||10th||10th||C||11th||11th A||11th||Vipul 1, Arti 0|
|Bilal & Sa'eed||1st||11th||11th||12th||Bilal 1, Sa'eed 0|
- An A indicates that teams completed the Labor Detour, while a B indicates that teams completed the Leisure Detour.
- A bold team member in the Roadblock count indicates the team member who completed this leg's Roadblock.
|The Amazing Race 10|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • China • Mongolia • Vietnam • India • Kuwait • Mauritius • Madagascar • Finland • Ukraine • Morocco • Spain • France|
|Teams||Bilal & Sa'eed • David & Mary • Duke & Lauren • Dustin & Kandice • Erwin & Godwin • Kellie & Jamie • Lyn & Karlyn • Peter & Sarah • Rob & Kimberly • Tom & Terry • Tyler & James • Vipul & Arti|