The Amazing Race: Jisu Qianjin 1
|The Amazing Race: Jisu Qianjin 1|
|First Aired||October 17 - December 19, 2014|
|Filmed||July 21 - November 23, 2014|
|No. of Episodes||10|
|Winners||Zhong Hanliang &|
|No. of Legs||11|
|Season 1 ► Season 2|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11|
The Amazing Race 1 (Chinese: 极速前进; pinyin: Jísù Qiánjìn) is the first season of a Chinese reality television series based on the American reality TV series, The Amazing Race. It features eight teams of two in a race around the world. This is the second version of The Amazing Race to be produced in China, following The Amazing Race: China Rush. This new version is broadcast on Shenzhen TV, and had its premiere on October 17, 2014.
The show was hosted by Andy On for the first two episodes. When his schedule became too busy to continue hosting, Allan Wu stepped in to fill the role. Siblings Zhong Hanliang & Jackie were the winners of this season.
The show is sponsored by Infiniti.
Unlike other versions of the show, legs of the race are not filmed back-to-back. This was done in order to accommodate the busy schedules of the celebrities.
A task originally arranged to take place after the Detour of Leg 4 was cancelled due to poor weather conditions. The Pit Stop of Leg 8 was forced to be moved for the same reason. Previews on the official site originally cited Austria as the destination to be visited after Greece. However, during filming, this was changed to South Korea for unknown reasons. The Yield on Leg 6 was not aired.
Ying Ca'ier, Liu Yun and Yueliang were absent from the Finish Line.
|1, 10, 11||China||2|
|1, 10, 11||Hong Kong||1|
|1, 2, 3||USA||2|
|3, 4, 5||India||2|
|5, 6, 7||United Arab Emirates||2|
|7, 8, 9||Greece||2|
|9, 10||South Korea||1|
This season was a celebrity edition featuring celebrities who were chosen to race on the show.
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and relationships as identified by the program. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television, owing to the inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Zhong Hanliang & Jackie||Siblings||5th1,2||5th||3rd⊃||1stƒ||2nd||1st^||2nd⊃||1st||1st||2nd||1st||Zhong Hanliang 7, Jackie 7|
|Li Xiaopeng & Li Anqi||Married||2nd||2nd||1st||2nd||1st||2nd+||1st⊃||2nd||3rd>||1st||2nd||Li Xiaopeng 7, Li Anqi 7|
|Bai Jugang & Guan Xiaotong||Classmates||8th||8th3||2nd10||3rd||3rd||Bai Jugang 4, Guan Xiaotong 3|
|Jin Dachuan & Liu Chang||Buddies||1st||4th||6th⊂ε5||4th||3rd||3rd<~||3rd⊃9||4th||4th||4th||Jin Dachuan 8, Liu Chang 5|
|Chen Xiaochun & Zheng Yijian||Bros||4th||1st3||2nd||6th||4th||5th~||4th9||3rd||5th<11||Chen Xiaochun 5, Zheng Yijian 7|
|Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong||Friends||3rd||3rd||5th||5th6||5th7||4th>^||5th⊂9||5th||Chen Yiru 6, Zhou Weitong 5|
|Zhang Tielin & Yueliang||Father & Daughter||6th||6th||4thə4||3rd||6th−||6th+8||Zhang Tielin 3, Yueliang 5|
|Ying Cai'er & Liu Yun||Besties||7th||7th||7th||Ying Cai'er 3, Liu Yun 2|
- A red team placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg. A magenta ə indicates the team had previously been given the second Express Pass and used it on that leg.
- An underlined blue team's placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump during the next leg of the race.
- Matching coloured symbols (pink +, teal ^, and olive ~) indicate teams who worked together during part of the leg as a result of the Intersection.
- A yellow > means the team chose to use a Yield; < indicates the team who received it.
- A brown ⊃ means the team chose to use a U-Turn; ⊂ indicates the team who received it; ⊂⊃ around a leg number indicates a leg where the U-Turn was available but not used.
- An orange + indicates that there was a Face Off on this leg of the race, while an orange − indicates the team that lost the Face Off and received a 15-minute penalty.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period and teams were immediately handed their next clue.
- Zhong Hanliang & Jackie drove off from Luohu Stadium without their crew members. They arrived at the Hong Kong Airport in 4th, but were given a penalty and dropped to 8th, resulting in them making the second flight.
- Zhong Hanliang & Jackie initially arrived at the Pit Stop in 4th, but received a 30-minute penalty because they drove illegally while getting to the Pit Stop. They fell to 5th.
- Chen Xiaochu & Zheng Yijian and Bai Jugang & Guan Xiaotong initially arrived in 1st and 8th, respectively. However, they each received a 30-minute penalty because Chen Xiaochun and Bai Jugang performed both Roadblocks on the leg, despite the clue instructing each team member to perform one of them. Neither of their placements were affected.
- Zhang Tielin & Yueliang used their Express Pass to bypass the Bollywood task on Leg 3.
- Jin Dachuan & Liu Chang used their Express Pass to bypass the U-Turn after they were U-turned on Leg 3.
- Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong originally arrived in third. However, they moved more than 5 meters apart during the Detour, which was specifically prohibited by the rules, and received a 30-minute penalty. They fell to 5th.
- Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong originally arrived in fifth. However, they took a transportation vehicle to the Pit Stop when the clue instructed them to walk. They had to return to the Burj al-Arab and then walk to the Pit Stop. This did not affect their placement.
- Zhang Tielin & Yueliang initially arrived in 3rd. However, they received a 1-hour penalty for quitting the whitewater rafting challenge. They fell to 6th and were eliminated.
- Jin Dachuan & Liu Chang, Chen Xiaochun & Zheng Yijian and Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong quit the pottery challenge and each received a 15-minute penalty before they could continue.
- Zhong Hanliang & Jackie used their Save Pass they had won in the previous leg to bring Bai Jugang & Guan Xiaotong back to the race.
- Chen Xiaochun & Zheng Yijian chose not to complete the octopus-eating challenge and received a 1-hour penalty before being permitted to continue.
Similar to the second series of the Israeli version, teams on the seventh leg voted for who should receive the U-Turn. The team who has the most votes must complete the other option of the Detour they did not select.
|U-Turned:||Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong|
|Zhong Hanliang & Jackie||Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong|
|Li Xiaopeng & Li Anqi||Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong|
|Jin Dachuan & Liu Chang||Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong|
|Chen Xiaochun & Zheng Yijian||Li Xiaopeng & Li Anqi|
|Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong||Zhong Hanliang & Jackie|
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – Two Express Passes - an item that can be used on the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing. The winning team keeps one for themselves but must relinquish the second to another team.
- Leg 3 - A year's supply of Satine Organic Milk and a personal driver and vehicle for the next leg.
- Leg 4 - An amount of local currency equivalent to RMB 2,000 for the next leg (approximately AED 1,200).
- Leg 5 - Trip to Jordan, Jerusalem, and the Dead Sea.
- Leg 7 - A year's supply of Satine Organic Milk and a GPS for use on the next leg.
- Leg 8 - A Save Pass - an item that must be used on the race to revive one of the teams that had been previously eliminated.
- Leg 11 - RMB 1,000,000 and two Infiniti cars.
The data is determined by CSM.
- CSM50 Rating
|Episode||Episode Date||Rating||Audience Share||National Ranking1|
|1||17 October 2014||0.914||3.07%||5|
|2||24 October 2014||0.822||2.86%||6|
|3||31 October 2014||1.054||3.34%||5|
|4||7 November 2014||0.922||3.81%||6|
|5||14 November 2014||1.098||3.51%||4|
|6||21 November 2014||0.853||2.72%||6|
|7||28 November 2014||1.042||3.27%||5|
|8||5 December 2014||0.789||2.49%||6|
|9||12 December 2014||1.137||3.54%||3|
|10||19 December 2014||1.397||4.74%||3|
- Shows of CCTV were excluded from the ranking.
|The Amazing Race: Jisu Qianjin 1|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Countries||China • Hong Kong • United States • India • United Arab Emirates • Greece • South Korea|
|Teams||Bai Jugang & Guan Xiaotong • Chen Xiaochun & Zheng Yijian • Chen Yiru & Zhou Weitong • Jin Dachuan & Liu Chang • Li Xiaopeng & Li Anqi • Ying Cai'er & Liu Yun • Zhang Tielin & Yueliang • Zhong Hanliang & Jackie|