The Amazing Race: China Rush 2
|The Amazing Race: China Rush 2|
|First Aired||August 7 - October 23, 2011|
|Filmed||May 13 - June 7, 2011|
|No. of Episodes||12|
|Winners||Lily Li &|
|Distance Traveled||5,200 miles (6,350 km)|
|No. of Legs||11|
|Season 1 ◄ Season 2 ► Season 3|
|1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11|
The Amazing Race: China Rush 2 (Chinese: 冲刺！中国: 极速前进中国版 2; pinyin: Chōngcì! Zhōngguó: Jísù Qiánjìn Zhōngguó Bǎn 2) is a Chinese reality television series. Based on the American reality TV series, The Amazing Race, it features 11 teams of two, each with a pre-existing relationship, in a race across 11 cities in China to win a trip to Hoh Xil Natural Reserve and a trip around the world worth CN¥400,000 ($55,662). The Chinese TV network International Channel Shanghai aired the season in English, and DragonTV in Chinese.
American and German Dating Couple Lily & Jan were the winners of the race.
|Leg(s)||Province||Previous Visits||Pit Stops|
|7, 8, 9||Yunnan||1||2|
Applications were accepted from March 4, 2011, and ended April 10, 2011. Filming began May 13, 2011, and ended June 7, 2011. In contrast to the previous season which featured foreign and ex-pat contestants, this season has a mixed cast between native born Chinese and foreigners living in China. All the contestants communicate using a mixture of Chinese and English.
The following teams participated in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note this table does not necessarily reflect all content broadcast on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order.
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Lily & Jan||Dating Couple||3rd||5th||7th||3rd||2nd>||1st||5th⊂||1st||2nd||1st||2nd~||1st||Lily 6, Jan 6|
|Simon & Katherine||Dating Long Distance||6th||8th||6th||6th3||5th||6th||3rd||5th||4th||3rd||3rd+||2nd||Simon 6, Katherine 6|
|Sun Bin & Hao Fei'er||Recording Artists||8th||9th1||1st>||1st||1st||2nd||2nd⋑||2nd||3rd||2nd||1st~||3rd||Sun Bin 6, Hao Fei'er 6|
|Matt & Kylie||International Students in China||10th||7th||2nd||4th3||4th||5th||4th||3rd||1st||4th||4th+||Matt 6, Kylie 5|
|Mary & Cecilia||Cousins/Students in Canada||1st||1st||8th<||7th3||6th<||4th||1st⊃||4th||5th||5th||Mary 5, Cecilia 4|
|Elena & Tameka||Fitness Fanatics||7th||2nd||3rd||2nd||3rd||3rd||6th⋐||6th||Elena 3, Tameka 4|
|Rhett & Howie||30 Year China Veterans||5th||6th||4th||5th3||7th||7th||Rhett 2, Howie 3|
|Summer & Eachen||Newly Dating/Childhood Friends||4th||4th||5th||8th⊃4,5||Summer 0, Eachen 3|
|Xiao Long & Lv Meng||Wushu Coaches||2nd||3rd||9th||Xiao Long 1, Lv Meng 1|
|A Lai & Jackie||Mother/Son||9th||10th2||A Lai 0, Jackie 0|
|Paul & Nash||Expat Teachers||11th||Paul 0, Nash 0|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- An underlined blue team placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump task in the following leg.
- A yellow > indicates that the team who chose to use the Yield; < indicates the team who received it.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicate that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicate the team who received it.
- Matching colored symbols (orange + and magenta ~) indicate teams who worked together during part of the leg as a result of an Intersection.
- Sun Bin & Hao Fei'er were unable to complete the secret code task and elected to take a 2-hour penalty.
- A Lai & Jackie were unable to complete the puzzle task or the secret code task and elected to take two 2-hour penalties. When they arrived at the Lying Dragon Valley after all the other teams had checked in, Allan came to the location (Lying Dragon Valley) and eliminated them.
- Matt, Rhett, Simon and Mary were unable to complete the Roadblock and elected to take a 2-hour penalty.
- Summer & Eachen used their U-Turn power on Sun Bin & Hao Fei'er, who were ahead of them. The U-Turn had no effect.
- Summer & Eachen arrived at the Pit Stop in 3rd place but withdrew due to family reasons.
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – A Three day Two night trip for two to Qiandao Lake, Hangzhou.
- Leg 2 – A Three day Two night trip for two to Sanya, Hainan.
- Leg 3 – A Three day Two night trip for two to Hong Kong.
- Leg 4 – A Four day Three night trip for two to Malaysia.
- Leg 5 – A Seven day trip for two to Thailand.
- Leg 6 – A trip for two to Bali, Indonesia.
- Leg 7 – A Seven day trip for two to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Leg 8 – A Seven day trip of two to California
- Leg 9 – A Three day Two night trip for two to Hawai'i.
- Leg 10 – A Five day Four night trip for two to Maldives.
- Leg 11 – A trip to Hoh Xil Natural Reserve and a trip around the world worth ¥400,000 ($55,662).
|The Amazing Race: China Rush 2|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11|
|Teams||A Lai & Jackie • Elena & Tameka • Lily & Jan • Mary & Cecilia • Matt & Kylie • Paul & Nash • Rhett & Howie • Simon & Katherine • Summer & Eachen • Sun Bin & Hao Fei'er • Xiao Long & Lv Meng|