Rob & Kelley
|Rob & Kelley|
|Relationship||Married Monster Truckers|
|Roadblock Count||Rob 4, Kelley 3|
Robert "Rob" French and Kelley Carrington-French are married monster truckers who competed on The Amazing Race 21. They are from Boston, Georgia. During the race, they came in 5th on the first leg, used a Blind Double U-Turn on the third leg, and were eliminated on the sixth leg, placing 7th overall.
Before the Race
Before embarking on the race, Rob and Kelley French were both monster truckers.
- Kelley: Win a point against a young, professional ping pong player who uses unusual paddles.
- Rob: Use chopsticks to eat a hollowed papaya filled with the fatty tissue found near frog fallopian tubes. - Failed, performed again
Rob & Kelley completed the starting line task in 9th place. They reached the airport and cut in front of Josh & Brent to make onto the first flight to Shanghai, where they reached and finished both Roadblocks in 7th. They found the lady with an Abacus in 5th, keeping this placement through the end of the leg, being checked-in in 5th place.
- Rob: Power a pedal-operated carousel with four children and make a balloon animal for each.
- Ice-by-the-Pound: Load ten 65lbs blocks of ice onto a truck, travel to a market, and deliver them to a stall.
Rob and Kelley had a late flight on this leg, which caused them to begin the leg, racing with the bulls, in last place. They also opened their Roadblock clue in last place, but were able to finish the task in 9th. The arrived at the Detour in 8th, staying in this position until the Pit Stop, where they checked-in for a 8th place finish, in Surabaya.
- Rob: Carry 20 plates of food at once to waiting diners.
- Lion Head: Wear very large lion masks and follow a parade while dancing.
- Used the Blind Double U-Turn on Gary & Will.
- Blind Double U-Turned by Gary & Will, failed because they were ahead at the time
Departing in 8th, Rob and Kelley found their Roadblock clue and complete the task in the same position. They were in the last train to Bangil, along with other 3 teams. They finished the Detour and found the U-Turn mat in 7th, u-turning Gary & Will. Since it was a Blind U-Turn, they didn't had to reveal themselves. Rob and Kelley finished the leg in 7th.
- Rob: Use body putty to patch dents in a bus, sand it, paint it, then carry two seats onto it.
- Pound the Metal: Use a 10lbs hammer to pound heated metal into a sharp spike shape.
- Arrived 4th, turned away for disembarking the boat at the wrong dock - 5th
In Dhaka, Bangladesh, Rob and Kelley reached the Roadblock in 4th, and finished it in 2nd. They started the Detour in 3rd, and finished in 2nd. They then took the wrong transportation to the pit stop, causing them to fall, and checking-in in 5th place.
- Kelley: Build a balancing scale from scratch using the provided materials.
- Bamboo Jungle: Load three sets of very large bamboo poles onto a bicycle and deliver them across town.
Rob and Kelley depart in 5th place. They started the Roadblock in 4th but finished it in 6th. They then found the Detour clue in 4th place and maintained that placement to finish line of the leg, checking-in in 4th.
- Simit: Balance three orders of Simit on a board and deliver them to various vendors.
- Kelley: Dress in a vendor's outfit and serve 40 glasses of sherbet for 1 lira each.
- 7th - Eliminated
After flying to Istanbul, Turkey, Rob and Kelley decided to take the metro instead of taking a taxi to their first location, This fatal decision dropped them to last place. They were then never able to pass another team on the leg, and were thus eliminated in 7th place.
|The Amazing Race 21|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • China • Indonesia • Bangladesh • Turkey • Russia • Netherlands • Spain • France|
|Teams||Abbie & Ryan • Amy & Daniel • Caitlin & Brittany • Gary & Will • James & Abba • Jaymes & James • Josh & Brent • Natalie & Nadiya • Rob & Kelley • Rob & Sheila • Trey & Lexi|