| The Amazing Race US
Malawi is a republic located in south-central Africa. It was once the British Protectorate of Nyasaland until it gained independence and changed its name. It is one of the least-developed countries in the world and deals with much poverty and sickness. It has a population of 14,901,000 and speaks Chichewa and English as official languages. It is bordered by Tanzania to the north, Mozambique to the east and south, and Zambia to the west.
Malawi was only recently visited during the show's 19th season. It has not been visited since. Notably, Malawi's national flag changed during 2010 to a red, black and green design with a white sun. The country was then visited by the race, where task involved this new flag. It was promptly reverted back to the old design not long after the episode aired.
Malawi is divided into 27 Districts. The Amazing Race has visited two of these districts.
The Amazing Race Results
The Amazing Race Visits
- Bangkok, Thailand (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Lilongwe, Malawi (Lilongwe International Airport)
- Lilongwe (Limbe Tobacco Warehouse – Gate 7)
- Lilongwe (Memorial Tower)
- Lilongwe (White Horse De-Sign Tailor Shop or Lilongwe LEA School)
- Mchesi, Lilongwe (R-K Furniture Shop)
- Kumbali Village
- Lilongwe (Lilongwe Bus Station) to Salima (Salima Bus Terminal)
- Lake Malawi
- Chigumukile Village (Jamaica Shop)
- Senga Bay (Sunbird Livingstonia Beach)
- Lilongwe (Lilongwe Airport) to Copenhagen, Denmark (Copenhagen Airport)