| The Amazing Race US
Ireland is a republic located on the island of Ireland. It comprises the southern three quarters of the island, while the north part belongs to the United Kingdom. Historically, the entire island was once a part of the United Kingdom until they pushed for independence in the 1920s. It has a population of 4,588,252 and speaks Irish and English as official languages. It is only bordered by Northern Ireland of the United Kingdom to the north.
Ireland was visited during the race's 12 season, though the capital and largest city of Dublin was not visited. It has not been visited since, although Northern Ireland has.
Ireland is divided into 29 Counties and five Autonomous Cities. The Amazing Race has visited two of these counties.
The Amazing Race Results
The Amazing Race Visits
- Los Angeles, United States (Los Angeles International Airport) to Shannon, County Clare, Ireland (Shannon Airport)
- Rossaveal, Connemara to Inishmore, Galway Bay
- Inishmore (Teampall Bheanain) (Overnight Rest)
- Inishmore to Rossaveal (Ferry Port)
- Cleggan, County Galway (Cleggan Farm)
- Clifden (Connemara Heritage & History Centre)
- Shannon (Shannon Airport) to Amsterdam, Netherlands (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol)