| The Amazing Race US
Ghana is a republic in western Africa, located on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. It was formerly known as the Gold Coast and was a British crown colony, but later gained independence. It has a population of 24,200,000 and speaks English as an official language. There are additional government-sponsored languages; these are Akan, Ewe, Dagomba, Dangme, Dagaare, Ga, Nzema, Gonja, Kasem. It is bordered by Côte d'Ivoire to the west, Burkina Faso to the north, and Togo to the east.
It was originally planned to be visited during the 15th season, but was not due to constrain fears with H1N1 virus, and it was finally visited on the 17th season of the show. This was the first visit to mainland Africa since Season 12, as well as the first time two legs were featured in Africa in the same timespan. Additionally, one Ghanaian contestant competed in The Amazing Race: China Rush 2.
Ghana is divided into 10 Regions. The Amazing Race has only visited one region.
The Amazing Race Results
The Amazing Race Visits
- London, England, United Kingdom (London Heathrow Airport) to Accra, Ghana (Kotoka International Airport)
- Accra (Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park)
- Accra (Makola Market)
- Teshie (Peace Motor Spare Parts)
- Accra (Adom Electronics or Emmanuel's Woodshop)
- Accra (Kaneshie Market)
- Jamestown (Akotoku Boxing Academy)
- Dodowa, Dodowa District (Supply Depot)
- Dodowa (Asebi D/A Primary School)
- Doryumu (Home of Awusa Ntso)
- Accra (Kotoka International Airport) to Kiruna, Sweden (Kiruna Airport)