Ernie & Cindy
|Ernie & Cindy|
|The Amazing Race 19|
|Roadblock Count||Ernie 7, Cindy 6|
Ernest "Ernie" Halvorsen and Cindy Chiang are an engaged couple who competed on The Amazing Race 19. They are both from Chicago, Illinois. During the race, they came in first for three legs and became the third team to receive and use the Express Pass. In the final leg, they beat fellow competitors Jeremy & Sandy and Amani & Marcus to become the 19th winners of The Amazing Race, finishing in 1st.
Ernie & Cindy later appeared on the final leg of The Amazing Race 29, handing out clues in their hometown of Chicago.
Before The Race
Before embarking on the race, Ernie was employed as a Project Manager at a printing press firm while Cindy worked as a Brand Manager.
Cindy disclosed during the race that she and Ernie met in a bar.
Ernie & Cindy were the 6th team to complete the starting line task, and made it onto the first flight to Taipei alongside 7 other teams. They figured out where to go in the Ximending Commercial District, and raced ahead of Jeremy & Sandy at the Roadblock to take first place. From there, they sailed through the dragon boat challenge and arrived at the Pit Stop in 1st, claiming the Express Pass.
- Cindy: Rappel into a cave, find a Javanese mask, and climb out using a bamboo ladder.
- Be a Ticket Taker: Work as Motorcycle parking attendants and make Rp 15,000.
- Arrived 1st, turned away for not donating all money at the orphanage - 4th
In Yogyakarta, Indonesia, Ernie & Cindy began the Roadblock in 2nd but slipped to 3rd at the end of it. However, they were soon able to catch the leaders and restore themselves to 1st place. They were one of eight teams to incorrectly complete their final challenge of the leg and subsequently lost three places to finish the leg in 4th.
- Grass Fed: Deliver two full bags of grass and two sheep to a farm.
- Ernie: Count the amount of different poses of Buddha statues at Borobudur.
- Beach Preparation: Properly set up a beach set of chairs and umbrellas.
- Ernie: Rock climb up a cliff to a bird's nest with a clue.
- Cindy: Follow music to find a waterfall pool, and search the murky depths for a bundle.
- Ernie: Properly reconstruct the shrine that was taken down and collected earlier.
- Ernie: Transport ten 200lbs bags of tobacco and stack them.
- All Sewn Up: Use sewing machines to properly complete a customer's suit.
- Cindy: Use a bicycle to deliver a customer carrying fish to an address.
- Dugout: Paddle a traditional dugout canoe to a buoy and then return to shore. - Skipped
- Ernie: Learn a complex three-part Danish dance.
- All Churned Out: Use a churn to make six sticks of butter.
- Used the Double U-Turn on Bill & Cathi.
- Cindy: Memorize a poem, use a map attached to a bike's wheel to travel to a theatre, then recite the poem with dramatics.
- Bodybuilding Pose-down: Wear bikinis and posing oil and perform a series of bodybuilding poses, earning a 12 from judges.
- Ernie: Complete three high-speed driving stunts.
- Waffle: Properly make and decorate 18 different Belgium waffles.
- Cindy: Traverse a tightrope between two tall towers.
- Sole: Properly make a pair of sandals for a customer.
- Ernie: Type out the next clue on a typewriter with the "1" key missing, substituting a "l".
- Finish Line - 1st
After The Race
Ernie & Cindy married in a private Chicago ceremony on March 13, 2012.
Ernie on Twitter: @ernie_halvo
Cindy on Twitter: @CindyCHalvo
Official Website: www.ernie-cindy.com
|The Amazing Race 19|
|Legs||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Countries||United States • Taiwan • Indonesia • Thailand • Malawi • Denmark • Germany • Belgium • Netherlands • Panama|
|Teams||Amani & Marcus • Andy & Tommy • Bill & Cathi • Ernie & Cindy • Ethan & Jenna • Jeremy & Sandy • Justin & Jennifer • Kaylani & Lisa • Laurence & Zac • Liz & Marie • Ron & Bill|