||Africa / Asia
| The Amazing Race US
Egypt is an Arab Republic located in northern Africa, though a small portion of its territory rests on the Asian continent. It is one of the most populous countries in both Africa and the Middle East, and has an extremely long history. The area has been continuously inhabited since the 10th millennium BC. It is mostly comprised of desert, though the Nile river flows through the country, providing lush vegetation along its banks. It has a population of 91,000,000 and speaks Arabic as an official language. It is bordered by Israel and the Gaza Strip of Palestine to the east, Sudan to the south, and Libya to the west.
Egypt was visited on the fifth season of the show, featuring memorable visits to the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Since the race's visit, the country has been hit by severe political unrest and a violent revolution, rendering the nation fairly unsafe. This has led to the production staff officially stating that Egypt is currently "off the map" in terms of possible countries to visit. One of The Amazing Race Australia 1's teams, Mo & Mos, is of Egyptian heritage.
Egypt is divided into 27 Governorates. The Amazing Race has visited three of these governotates.
The Amazing Race Results
The Amazing Race Visits
|| → Kenya
- Saint Petersburg, Russia (Pulkovo Airport) to Cairo, Egypt (Cairo International Airport)
- Cairo (Tower of Cairo)
- Cairo (Pharaonic Village)
- Giza (Giza pyramid complex – Osiris Shaft)
- Giza (Base of the Pyramid)
- Giza (Sphinx)
- Giza (Great Pyramids)
- Cairo (Old Cairo Airport) to Luxor (Luxor International Airport)
- Luxor (Karnak)
- Luxor (Nile River – Banana Island or Pigeon Farm)
- Luxor (Habu Temple)
- Luxor (West Nile Ferry Port) to Crocodile Island
- Luxor (Crocodile Island)
- Luxor (Luxor International Airport) to Nairobi, Kenya (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport)