| Burkina Faso
| The Amazing Race US
Burkina Faso is a landlocked country located in western Africa. Formerly known as Upper Volta, it has a population of 15,730,977 and speaks French as an official language. Mòoré, Mandinka and Bambara are also recognized regional languages. It is bordered by Mali to the north, Niger to the east, and Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Togo and Benin to the south.
Burkina Faso has only been visited once on the race, though it was a very memorable visit. Teams experienced heavy heartbreak seeing the poverty, as well as seeing the desolate, empty wilderness of the rural areas. Teams also experienced a heavy rainstorm during their visit. It was the last African country visited before a three-season streak of no visits to Africa.
Burkina Faso is divided into 13 regions. The Amazing Race has visited three of these.
The Amazing Race Results
The Amazing Race Visits
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol) to Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso (Ouagadougou Airport)
- Ouagadougou (Train Station) to Boulkiemdé (Bingo)
- Boulkiemdé (Village School)
- Boulkiemdé (Outskirts of Bingo)
- Boulkiemdé (Village in Bingo)
- Bouda-Pelegtanga, Yako, Passoré (Village Field)
- Pelegtanga Market
- Ouagadougou (Tampouy Goat Market)
- Ouagadougou (Hotel de Ville)
- Ouagadougou (Ouagadougou Airport) to Vilnius, Lithuania (Vilnius International Airport)